Chapter 5: surprise attack

The four campers talked about what they were doing during the five years they were apart from one another "Yeah I was lucky that the person gave themselves away by shooting at me." Kenji said explaining on how he nearly got shot in the head by a guy with a rifle "He was eaten by Terry directly after he took the shot." Kenji continued and Ben laughed and said "One guy tried to kill me with a knife but I kicked him out the window and he died when he hit the ground." The four then talked for hours and even made a fire however their peace was disturbed when they heard the sound of something walking through water, at first they thought it was a lone Brachiosaurus or Shantungosaurus walking down the river to find it's herd. However the sound got closer and closer and it got louder and louder, however it stopped suddenly. The four were on edge and sat in their spots not daring to move, Darius kept his hand over his gun holster holding his pistol while Kenji held Darius' Swiss Army knife close to him while Ben had his right hand on his spear. Yasmina kept close to Ben for safety, however the fire died down and started to flicker weakly and that's when the dinosaur charged at them. The stomping became quick and fast as a large therapod dinosaur charged towards them, Ben and the other reacted quickly and immediately formed a circle and Yasmina even picked up a stick and held it in the air. A Carnotaurus charged out of the bushes roaring and it charged at them like a bull and it smacked Yasmina into a tree and she fell to the ground in pain while Darius shot the Carnotaur three times. Yasmina mentality noted that Darius had better aim then she originally thought, the Carnotaurus only flinched from the bullets and it charged at Yasmina jaws open however it was rammed by a Sinoceratops. The ceratopsian was mainly teal in colour with a black underbelly and black markings on its frill with a red headband like marking on its head.

The Carnotaurus roared at the ceratopsian and the Sinoceratops rammed into the therapod knocking backwards. The Carnotaur clamped it's jaws onto the Sinoceratops' frill but the animal gave the Carnotaur a good kick to the throat and the Carnotaurus released it's grasp on the frill of the Sinoceratops. The carnotaurus roared at the Sinoceratops again but this time Kenji shifted and joined in and he roared at the Carnotaurus, intimidated the Carnotaurus fled but not before letting out a warning roar to the campers. The Sinoceratops snorted in the direction the Carnotaurus disappeared and it turned towards the campers and lumbered towards them. Kenji looked at the Sinoceratops confused as it approached his friends, "Uuuuhhh." Yasmina said as the Sinoceratops sniffed her and then nudged her with it's face. "Kenji try to talk to it." Darius said to Kenji who nodded and muttered under his breath "Go dino." And he was in his Ceratosaurus form 'Who are you?' Kenji asked the Sinoceratops and it replied with 'Kenji? Is that you?' Kenji almost fainted at those words. Kenji staggered for a few moments before shaking his head 'Sammy?!' Kenji asked surprised and the Sinoceratops nodded and the two tried to hug each other but couldn't. "Kenji? What's the matter?" Yaz asked him as Kenji shifted back to human form "We just found Sammy well she just found us." Kenji announced to his friends and everyone looked at him in shock and then they looked at the Sinoceratops. Sammy then shifted back to her human form, she was wearing her same old outfit. Yasmina and the others hugged her tightly "Ya'll are alive, I never thought I would see ya'll again." Sammy said happily to them and they broke away from the hug "Sammy on a serious note do you know what happened to Brooklynn?" Darius asked her and Sammy shock her head and explained "All I remember is being separated from you guys and being drenched in this primordial ooze. I don't remember seeing Brooklynn after Kenji shoved me out of the way." The others looked down in sadness after hearing that but Sammy decided to uplift the mood "Hey ya'll remember that time when Kenji made mooing noises and stamped his feet?" Sammy asked and Kenji looked surprised at her while Darius and the others started to laugh "You remembered that?" Kenji asked in shock. "Yep every second of it. It was pretty scary as well." Sammy said and Kenji just smiled.