Chapter 6: migiration and rescue

The campers were startled from their quiet night by the ground shacking "Is it that damn Carnotaurus again?" Ben asked Darius and he shook his head and said "No. Its not one, it's multiple." After hearing that Kenji, Yasmina, and Sammy shifted into their dinosaur forms while Bumpy got into a fighting stance. The sound got closer and the campers eyes widened in shock as four Brachiosaurus came walking towards them and the six of them scrambled not to be crushed by the titanic Brachiosaurus' feet as they passed by. But that was the least of their worries as soon more dinosaurs appeared. Apatosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Corythosaurus along with many other dinosaurs and three more Brachiosaurus walked past the campers "Where are they going?" Ben asked looking out over the herd and Darius took a wild guess and said "Migrating maybe." Kenji then jumped to the side to avoid being crushed by an Apatosaurus' foot as it lumbered past him. "I think we should follow them." Sammy said and the others nodded in agreement, Sammy then said "Go dino!" And she shifted into her Sinoceratops form and Ben climbed onto Bumpy's back along with Yasmina while Darius and Kenji climbed onto Sammy's back and they entered the herd. They blended right in with the other dinosaurs and an Apatosaurus lowered it's head down to look at Darius, Kenji, and Sammy as they passed by it. "Keep low and don't draw attention." Darius muttered to Kenji who just silently nodded and he ducked down close to Sammy's back as she walked inside the protection of the herd. However they were startled when a Parasaurolophus let out a loud honk and the dinosaurs immediately began to panic as Genesis charged at the herd letting out his intimating roar. However another roar challenged him and Terry roared and the two therapods ran at each other and began to fight, Genesis clamped his jaws onto Terry's neck but Terry gave him a kick to the face making the Giganotosaurus let go and Terry charged at Genesis but the Giganotosaurus swung his large tail at Terry's face stunning him. Terry roared in pain as Genesis rammed him in the chest. 'I yield! I yield!' Terry screamed out begging for mercy as Genesis clamped his jaws onto Terry's neck and threw him aside 'Mercy is for the weak.' Genesis snarled evilly and he threw Terry aside again and Terry in a frail attempt snapped his jaws at Genesis managing to bite him on the leg but Genesis made him let go. Genesis then pushed Terry to the nearby cliff and Terry roared as he slipped and fell, Genesis watched with a smile on his scaly jaws as Terry fell into the water and a snap was heard and Terry didn't get up. The campers watched with horror edged on their faces as Genesis roared in victory but when the Giganotosaurus went to go claim his meal the Tyrannosaurus was gone. Genesis didn't care as he thought Terry's body was taken away by the current.

Genesis then looked at the campers and snarled 'I want you out of this place by midnight, if you do not I shall grant you the same fate as Terry.' Sammy and Bumpy nodded understanding as Genesis stomped off. "Let's get out of here. Now!" Darius said to Sammy and she took off running shortly followed by Bumpy and the two dinosaurs tore through the undergrowth. They stopped at the beach and Darius jumped off Sammy's back "We'll make camp here for tonight." Darius said to his friends however a loud moaning sound entered their ears and they looked over and twenty five meters away from them layed Terry. His ankle was swollen and he was currently being pecked at by multiple different pterosaurs, Sammy charged at the flying pests scaring them off and she bellowed at them. Terry just looked at her weakly clearly have given up all his fight 'Just let me die.' Terry grumbled to Sammy and she looked at him and she pushed on him to get him to stand but all Terry did was move his head 'So you're just going to give up? I thought someone like you would keep fighting to his last breath. I guess I was wrong.' Sammy said to Terry and the Tyrannosaurus gave her a slight snarl but Sammy just said to him 'You don't scare me.' Terry just huffed out steam from his nostrils and he looked away from Sammy. "Sammy he clearly doesn't want help. He probably has given up already." Darius said to his friend and Sammy shifted back to her human form and walked away from the injured Tyrannosaurus and she hugged Yasmina and began to cry softly. Terry sighed and he stood up slowly trying to keep his weight off his broken leg, the Tyrannosaurus grunted lightly as he got to his full height and he limped over to the campers and he fell to the ground. Sammy and the others looked at the Tyrannosaurus as he tried to get over to them. Despite falling multiple times the Tyrannosaurus finally reached them and he collapsed to the ground from exhaustion right next to the campers camp site. "Look who decided to not give up." Sammy said to him and Terry just said 'Just heal my injuries.' The campers then got to work, first by cleaning his wounds and then putting salt water onto the wounds and Terry flinched but then relaxed as the salt began to heal his wounds.