BONUS CHAPTER/ALTERNATE ENDING.

"So, that's it? That's the end?"

Tory looked away from the bright orange flames of the campfire to look at Chris. It was late—the last night of the bonding trip. Daniel and Johnny had long gone to bed, giving the group of teens the chance to spend one last night together. The group sat gathered around the campfire, roasting marshmallows and telling stories. Tory had just finished telling her story of what she thought would happen if they were all stuck in a horror movie from the eighties. They hated to admit it, but they all felt closer to each other. Somehow, Daniel's stupid bonding trip had actually managed to bring them closer.

"Yup," Tory responded. "That was the end."

"We don't even get to know what happened to Demetri?" Chris asked.

Tory shook her head. "Nope. Leave it up to your imagination."

Sam smiled at her. "I liked it, Tory. I thought it was great, but did you really have to make me one of the killers?"

Sam nudged her in the side playfully. By the tone of her voice, Tory knew she was just messing around. It seemed impossible to think that three days was all it would take to make the two of them somewhat friends. After being paired up for some stupid bonding activities that Daniel had planned, the two girls actually began to tolerate each other. Sam had been apprehensive around Tory—absolutely scared out of her mind every time she looked at her—but that slowly started to change. Tory had even apologized to her about everything that had went down during the school fight. She didn't think that Sam would forgive her and couldn't say she would blame her if she didn't, but she had.

Miguel and Robby were sort of friends now too. Well, not exactly friends, but they'd consider themselves closer than they had been at the start. That was the thing about being forced to work together, it brought them closer. Robby had explained to Miguel that he had never actually hated him. He just hated the fact that Johnny had acted more like a father to Miguel than he ever had to him. Miguel understood that and told him that he didn't hate him either. When it came down to it, it was the jealousy of seeing him with Sam that raised his hatred for Robby. There really wasn't anything more to it. With a newfound understanding of each other, Miguel and Robby came to the agreement that they would put the past aside and try giving friendship a shot.

Even Hawk and Demetri had somehow reconciled. Hawk was sorry for everything that he had done and saw the error in his ways. He spent the majority of the weekend begging for Demetri to forgive him. Demetri was still scared of him. He was afraid to forgive him. As much as he wanted his best friend back, he was afraid to let him in again. He feared that he would hurt him again even though he promised he wouldn't. After a lot of thought, Demetri had ultimately decided to forgive him but pretty early on. He didn't tell him that until the very last day of the trip. He would never admit to Hawk, but he was actually finding amusement Hawk's constant apologies and his desperate need for Demetri to be his friend again.

"Wait, wait, wait..." Hawk said, interrupting Chris before he could respond to Tory. "Where'd you get the idea that I like Demetri? I could never like him like that."

"That's actually pretty hurtful, not going to lie," Demetri said. "But, I have to agree. Why exactly was that part of the story necessary? I mean, seriously, I think we could have gone without that whole storyline."

"You're both idiots if you can't see how in love with each other you are," Tory said.

"I am not in love with him!" they both said at the same time.

Tory rolled her eyes. "Please, anyone can see it. Literally ask anyone here and they'll agree with me."

Hawk and Demetri exchanged a look with each other. All eyes were on them, as if they were expecting the sudden realization to just hit the two boys. Hawk turned away quickly, trying his hardest not to look in Demetri's direction. Demetri continued to stare down at the fire, not daring to make eye contact with Hawk or anyone else.