CHAPTER SEVEN.

Tory kept running. Her feet pounded against the dirt and she could hear tree branches snapping under her feet. She kept running even though her legs were getting tired and her feet were starting to hurt. Tory kept running no matter how out of breath she got. There was no way she was going to slow down. She didn't dare look back, but she had no doubts that Sam wasn't that far behind her. Tory just needed to keep running until she found someone whether it be Demetri, Hawk, or Miguel. She didn't care. Tory would never admit it, but she was terrified and didn't want to be alone. In a horror movie, being alone was never a good idea. She wasn't going to be alone for very long though.

Tory looked over her shoulder to see no one behind her, but she didn't stop running. She knew that the second she did, she might as well have signed her death warrant. Tory looked in front of her again. The second she faced forward, she bumped into someone and almost fell to the ground, but they reached out and grabbed her before she could. Tory looked up to see Miguel standing in front of her. She breathed a sigh of relief, but still couldn't help but think that it wouldn't be long before Sam or Robby had managed to catch up to her.

"Tory, holy shit, are you okay?" Miguel asked.

Tory nodded, out of breath from running. "I'm fine, but we have to go. We can't just stand out here in the middle of the woods."

She grabbed his hand and started running again, pulling him along with her.

"Where are Hawk and Demetri?" Tory asked as they ran.

"Not sure," Miguel responded. "We started running just like you said, but then we saw Robby and we got split up."

"Idiots," Tory said. "Don't you know rule number one is to never split up?"

"We didn't mean to," Miguel said. "I started running one way and they ran the other. I thought they were right behind me, but when I looked back, they weren't."

Tory just shook her head as they came across a cabin. They weren't sure why there was a random cabin tucked away deep into the woods, but they figured that it'd be a good place to hide out for a little while. They could take a few minutes to catch their breaths and think about what they were going to do next—how they were going to get out of whatever nightmare they were in. They had managed to run so far away from the main camp that it was nearly impossible for Sam or Robby to find out where they were, but they should have known that a cabin stashed away in the woods wasn't as much of a gift as they thought it was.

The second Tory opened the door, her eyes widened and her hand shot up to her nose. Miguel looked over her shoulder to see their senseis—dead and covered in dried blood. From the looks and smell of them, it had been a few days since they had been there. Miguel felt like he was going to puke as Tory quickly pulled the door shut. They had known all along that there senseis were dead, but there was just something about actually seeing their dead bodies that just didn't seem real. None of what was happening seemed real.

"There's no way in hell I'm going in there," Miguel said.

Tory shook her head. "Absolutely not."

"So, what do we do now?" Miguel asked.

"Keep running," Tory said. "Maybe we can try and run into town to see if we can find some help. Maybe we can try to call the cops again."

Miguel nodded. "Yeah, okay."

Tory grabbed Miguel's hand again and the two attempted to make their way towards the main road. It was hard considering they had absolutely no idea where the road leading out of the campsite was, but they weren't going to give up. The two of them were determined to survive no matter what. They weren't going to let each other out of their sight.