Part 5: Suprise guest

I dug my grave back in Nashville. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I'd still have to lay in it even after running away to Paris. Back In Nashville Hayley and I were roommates. We had been best friends in high school. I was there when she married Chad and I was there when she left him. Never did like the bastard. I was there when she told me she was bi. The night before I left we, hooked up. I realized I didn't like her like that and I didn't know what to do so I fled. I don't know how to still be friends with her after that. The thought of losing someone who I was so close with was a suffocating thought. Running away didn't help but it let me procrastinate speaking to her. If it were the old days she would call me a wimp. Now I don't know what she'd call me, probably something worse.

My vision was blurry and my head was spinning. The room was breathing. "What, what happened?"

"Thank god you're awake!" I had shut my eyes but I would recognize Blondie's voice anywhere.

"When you passed out I, I didn't know what to do, I thought you died or something." She was smiling at me, she'd been crying. Her voice sounded off like her nose was stuffed up, it probably was.

I smiled back at her my eyes finally focusing, "Where am I?" Sure that may have been a bit blunt but I honestly didn't recognize anything around me.

"Oh yea uh, sorry, you're at my house!" She sheepishly smiled at me. I probably didn't hide my confusion well enough when she continued quickly. "Uh, I took you to the hospital of course and, and they said you had a concussion when you hit your head on the floor but that you would wake up probably in a couple of hours. They were going to keep you stuffed up in a hospital and I, well I just thought that you wouldn't want to wake up in a hospital. I mean I don't like hospitals so I brought you here! I didn't want you to-"

"Thank you," I said cutting off her ramble. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and laid back down. She smiled at me. My face felt warm, I didn't care, I was comfortable the most I had been in a long time. My head still felt like shit, I guess getting concussed does that.

"I'm just glad you're ok." I smiled again, my eyes still closed. Blondie continued, "The doctors said that you probably fainted due to some kind of panic attack. What happened.

My smile dropped, how am I supposed to explain my ex-roommate or ex-best friend or whatever, was calling her?

I felt Blondies hand stroke my face. "You look tired, you should sleep."

She was right, I was exhausted. "Waaaaait, am I in your bed right now?" I opened my eyes again and gave her a smart look. Blondie looked at me again shrugging. She was blushing, I made Blondie blush.

She gave me a cunning smile. "Whatever you weirdo, Sleeep. I know you need it. I'll be right here if you need me." She laughed and walked out of the room. I chuckled back. I burrowed under the covers. Her sheets had rocketships on them. Blondie walked back in with a cup of water. She set it on the bedside table, "Sleeeeep." She said again in a bad ghost voice. I closed my eyes again letting my body go limp, I hadn't realized I'd been clenching my jaw until now. I could feel Blondie's eyes on me but I didn't mind. I trusted her. She might have secrets, but I trust her. I know she trusts me and that's enough.
                                      . . .

I don't know when I dozed off but woke up and it was dark outside. And Blondie was curled up against me. She must have fallen asleep. She looks so cute asleep. I nestled my head against hers. Her hair smelt like lemons. Another perfect moment, I think I might start collecting these, perfect moments. I want to make more with her. I want to spend the rest of my days here, with Blondie.

Ding Dong

There was someone at the door. It didn't wake up Blondie so I guess I should get the door. It's late, sure I don't know how late, but it feels too late for any delivery man. Or guests I suppose. The doorbell rang again. Blondie still sound asleep. Whoever they are they sure are persistent.