CHAPTER FIVE

Gumball was staring blankly at the glass on the table. Flame Prince has been observing the other male the whole time.

'Is something...troubling him?' Flame Prince thought to himself.
"You seem...quiet. Are you not enjoying? If you'd like, we can go somewhere else," Flame prince suggested.

"Wh-what? Oh, no. I'm having a wonderful time here, flamey. It's just that..er I'm not feeling that well," Gumball smiled,

"Oh, then we should head back to the palace then. It'd be better if we hang out there. We could have some fun at my place," Flame Prince grinned.

"A-alrighty then hehe."

--
When they arrived back to the flame palace, Flame Prince did everything to make Gumball smile. They've painted, baked, and they even did science-y junk but, Gumball still wasn't smiling.

"Hmm...Gumball, how about we watch a movie?"

"Flame Prince...I'm sorry but, I'd like to decline your offer. I'm really sorry...I'm just not really feeling well today," Gumball sighed. "Sorry for ruining our day," Gumball continued.

Flame Prince smiled at Gumball and patted his back, "Don't worry.. We can still hang out next time, right?"

Gumball giggled, "Of course Flamey!"

Gumball pulled Flame Prince into a hug, "I'm so happy to have a great friend like you Flamey..."

Flame Prince blushed, "Me too... Oh and Gumball, t-there's something that I've always wanted to tell you.."

"What is it Flamey?"

Flame Prince scratched his head, "Well, it's, uh, I lov-,"

"Hey flameboy! Step away from my wife!" Marshall shouted, popping out of nowhere with Fionna on his back.

Gumball went crimson, 'There he goes again! With this wife thing!'

"Why are the two of you here? I thought you were on a date?" Gumball pouted, crossing his arms.

Marshall smirked, "Is this jealousy I hear?"

Gumball flushed red, "Wh-what? Jealousy? I'm not jealous!"

"Hah, oh really?"

"I-I'm not jealous!"

Fionna laughed, "pfft.....Flame Prince we 'ought a go and leave these two alone," Fionna pulled Flame Prince's arm towards the garden.

"Just admit it Gumball!"

"I have nothing to admit! Argh, I hate you!" Gumball yelled, tears flowing down his face.

Marshall frowned and massaged his temple,"J-just tell me you love me! Because I fucking love you! Seeing you with that flameshit? Seeing you get all comfy cozy with him hugging you, made me want to kill him!"

"E-eh?" Gumball blushed, wiping away his tears.

Marshall sighed and floated towards Gumball,"I love you Gumball, I love you very very much."

Gumball looked down and covered his ears, "S-stop talking, I don't want to hear more of your lies,"

Marshall cupped Gumball's face, "I really love you, since we were young."

"..since we were young? We've a-already met?"

"Er, well.."

"Well...?"

"Well...remember when you're sister Princess Bubblegum got married? And she left you in the Candy Kingdom when she and her husband needed to return to the man's kingdom?"

"Y-yes I remember..."

"I was the boy you met when you ran into the woods, crying because she left you. I was the boy named Johnathan Williams,"

"J-johnathan?"

--12 years ago--

'She left me! She chose him over me! She was the only family I had left. What do I do now?' Gumball cried silently. He was in the woods, crouching near a bush.

"I hate you Bubblegum!" He continued to sob.

Suddenly he felt arms wrap around him from his back. "Hush, cutie. Don't cry." A young teen whispered on his ear.

"Wh-who are you?"

"Hi lil' kid, my names, Marsh- er no, my name's Johnathan,   Johnathan Williams."

"Oh, h-hello Sir John. I am Prince Gumball of the Candy k-kingdom," Gumball akwardly introduced himself to 'John'.

"Haha, you're adorable. Anyways, why were you crying Gumball?"

Gumball faced Johnathan,"M-my big sister...she left me! She..she doesn't love or care for me at all!"

Johnathan patted Gumball's back, "That's not true. She loves you, and cares for you too."

"N-no she doesn't..."

Johnathan sighed, "Oh Gumball. But don't worry, I'll be taking care of you from now on. And I will never ever leave your side."

"Do y-you promise?" Gumball raised his pinky.

Johnathan chuckled, "I promise."

Gumball gasped, "H-he's Johnathan Williams? This ch-changes everything..."

--------------------
A/N: agh late update again huhuhu I'm really really sorry! I was on writer's block for a month lol but heeeeey new chap already!

Not yet edited ☆

• If I have any grammatical errors, please correct me! Thank you! ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

Happy 1.18k reads! Gaaaah I'm so happy! Ty guyssss! ♥

ik this is lame-o but it's a-okay right? No? Oh, ok. ; v ;