CHAPTER SEVEN

Gumball heard from the Banana guards about Marshall's message for him. He got scared. Scared because he couldn't think straight that he might make the wrong decision. He was too confused. Too afraid, even. But in the end, he decided to meet up with 'Johnathan' before the week ends. The Prince called Fionna on the phone for some advice since he didn't know what to do or what to say when he faces either Marshall or Johnathan.

"Hi Fi," Gumball greeted.

"Oh, hey PG. How's it been?"

"Better than ever."

"Oh, good. Um, Marshall told me about your, er, situation."

"Ah. I see. Well, actually, about that...the reason I called you is because I wanted, uh, to ask for some advice on what to do."

"Sure," she said without hesitation. "How can I help?"

"So, I'm guessing that you've already heard the story of what happened in the past."

"Hmm? Not really. He hasn't told me anything regarding that. Marshall only told me about you not noticing him and that he couldn't take it anymore and junk. I'm kinda curious now though."

"Oh. Then I'll you share everything about the past then," Gumball bit his lip.

"No, no, no. It's alright, you don't have too. Haha, it's just me and my stupid curiosity," Fionna gave herself a face palm.

"Heh, nah it's alright. You'd actually have a hard time understanding our problem if I don't tell you."

"Ah, okay PG. Are you sure though?" Fionna asks, slightly worried.

"Yes, of course. I'll start already, okay? This would actually take awhile."

"It's alright, Gumball. You can go tell your story til' dawn if you'd like haha," Fionna said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Haha. Okay," Gumball cleared his throat, "My story was about 12 years ago, when I was still a 10-year-old. I think that was the worst year of my life since that was when my whole world shattered. Are you familliar with my sister, Princess Bubblegum?"

Fionna thought for a second, "Hmm..ah yes. She was the one who created the whole candy kingdom. Why, what about her?"

"Sh-she left me when I was still young and fragile, which made me feel helpless, afraid, and broken. She chose her husband over her own b-brother." Gumball's voice started to shake.

"I ran away. I felt unloved. She was the only family I had yet she left me. I was so lonely and confused. I didn't know what to do. Then suddenly, a guy named Johnathan, came to my rescue. He told me he'd love me and that he'd never leave my side unlike what my sister did. So, I became happy. He loved me, protected me, and he showed me that he really cared. That's why I loved him so much. He was like a big brother to me. He made me feel complete. But unfortunately, as the years pass by, as I grew older, my love for him started to change. It wasn't love for him as a brother, but for him as a man," Gumball sighed deeply.

"I became truly obsessed of him,"

Fionna continued to listen quietly.

"Then one evening, on my 15th birthday, Johnathan made me a surprise birthday party. I was so happy that day. The party was a blast. Every candy citizen was there. We played games, ate tons of cake and we danced all night. Everything felt perfect. At the end of my party, I felt so exhausted that as soon as I laid on my bed, I quickly fell asleep."

"At around 3 am I think, I heard a few noises which surprisingly woke me up. I saw someone exit my room. I followed the person and saw that it was only Johnathan. He was carrying his luggages. I kind of panicked since I knew that when one is carrying one's luggage, one is about to leave. And I never wanted him to leave. So I panicked and followed him outside,"

"He went at the back of the castle and I saw him placing his luggage at a carriage. When he was about to get in, I stopped him. He was very surprised to see me. I asked him where he was going, and he said that he had to go somewhere far far away. My heart flunk, and I started to cry. I took his arm and tried to pull him towards the castle. But it was no use, he rejected me, left me and broke my heart. That was the end of me," Gumball sighed.

"The kingdom lost it's happiness and I refused to rule the kingdom. I locked my self in my room for months trying to escape depression until finally one day I forgot every single part of my past. It's like my brain forced itself to remove it's own memories regarding Johnathan because of emotional trauma, but I'll never know. The day I turned 18 was the day I started noticing my responsibilities. I felt fresh, somewhat new. Kind of like having your life restarted. Well, that's my story," Gumball said.

"Ah. How...devastating. Well for your side I mean," Fionna commented.

Gumball twirled his fingers on the telephone wire, "I-I guess so. I actually wish it was devastating for him too, heh."

Fionna sighed, "Well,"

"Well...?"

"I guess the best thing to do now is...talk to Marshall,"

"B-but..."

"It's the only way." Fionna said with finality.

"Urgh..f-fine. I'll do it,"

"..I'm sorry I wasn't much of help. I need to go now. Bye gumboy," Fionna said, then hunged up.

--------------------

A/N: GUYSSS! JFC SORRY FOR THE SUPER DUPER LATE UPDATE ; v ; this story has and will still be on hold for a short while. It's just that I'm so busy with school shit so yeaaaaaaa. I hope that you guys would continue to support this lame-o story. ; v ;

Still not edited (as always lol)

• If I have any grammatical errors, please correct me! Thank you! ♡'・ᴗ・'♡