SMG4: World War Meggy

January 12, 2020. 10:00 A.M

Anime Island. An area with such a powerful aura around it. Nobody could look towards it without feeling sadness. There was an unspoken sorrowness in the air. For how tragic the island had become in everyone's mind, they all had to admire the beautiful scene before them.

Meggy was occupied in her own deep thoughts. She was remembering all of the time she spent with Mario, reminiscing. There was a bittersweetness to it all. They, of course, had disagreements and didn't always see eye to eye on everything, but they always made up with each other and worked everything out. Mario always knew how to cheer Meggy up, which was something she so desperately wanted right then. Tari noticed Meggy staring off into the distance and went up to her to talk.

"We'll get Mario back! We just have to keep going!" she said reassuringly.

"Thanks, Tari," she replied, not very convinced.

On the other side of the boat was Luigi, crying into his hands. Fishy Boopkins and SMG4 felt sympathetic for the cowardly plumber. The duo head to Luigi to comfort him.

"M-M-Mario!" was all Luigi could muster

"It's ok Luigi! Mario's going to be ok!" Fishy Boopkins said optimistically

"Yeah, don't worry! I know Mario and he is one tough idiot!" SMG4 said, trying to get a laugh out of somebody, anybody.

"I just.. feel lost without him! Mario always brought out the best in me, even when he was a jerk! I don't know who I am without him!" Luigi said with such earnestness.

Neither SMG4 nor Boopkins knew what to do. The pain in Luigi's voice hurt them to hear. For how cowardly Luigi had acted around them, nobody had seen Luigi in such a state of distress. Meggy had noticed the commotion and ran over to see what was wrong.

"Is everything alright? What's wrong with Luigi?"

"He's so upset over Mario's disappearance, Boopkins and I tried to calm him down, but we didn't have much luck," Glitchy explained.

Meggy simply nodded in understanding and asked for a minute alone with Luigi.

"Hey, Luigi! I know how you feel about what happened to Mario. I'm scared to death, myself. But, if I know anything about Red, it's that he can pull through strong!" Meggy said in an attempt to calm the both of them down before hugging the plumber.

Luigi took a second to consider all of what was going on. He thought about all of the adventures he and Mario had together, how Mario always made it out to tell the tale. The memories of everything they've done instilled a sense of pride into him and calmed his nerves.

"Thanks, Meggy! You're right! I'mma coming, Mario!" Luigi said with the utmost confidence.

The time was upon them, there was no turning back. The ship had docked at Anime Island. Before everyone got off the ship, they had one last discussion.

"Alright everyone, the plan is simple; get the hell off of the boat and clear the beach as fast as possible, same as last time," Chris explained briefly, "I expect you all know the drill, good luck and may God be with you all."

When the bunker door swung open, however, they found the path ahead empty. There was something unnerving about seeing the previously lively island empty. They couldn't pay any more attention to that, however, they had one mission and they were going to accomplish it.

"What the hell? Where is everybody? I was ready to kick some ass!" Saiko said through gritted teeth.

"I don't know and I don't care. We have to find Mario!" Meggy responded.