Sobby Girl

Life's A Beach: Chapter 11: Sobby Girl

I laid on my back with feet wiggling in mid air after I received my unexpected gift from Luca. Night already fell and I was clothed in skimpy summer clothes since the heat didn't seem to settle even after the sun got swallowed by the dark ocean waves.

I guess it was a Florida thing.

My over sized t shirt was raised over my inny belly button, old Sofee shorts, that were much too small for me, hugged my hips, and my sun-kissed lengthy hair fanned out over the bed ventilating my sweaty scalp. It felt like 2000 degrees in my room alone.

Two barely audible knocks abruptly rung on my door as I traced my finger over the sparkling metal of the new ankle bracelet clasped above my foot. The red toe nail polish on my tan toes popped out along with the vivid silver and dangling charms.

"Yes?" I lowered my hovering feet down from the air.

It was to stop me from looking like a complete circus act.

"Can I come in?" His familiar voice vibrated against the door.

What could he possibly want?

Before my lips even had a chance to part, he barged right in. His ice blue eyes locking onto mine which naturally shot goosebumps across my skin and my breath caught in my throat.

Always did.

After a few strides into my room, he immediately snapped his attention to the many wrinkled clothes messily scattered along the floor. As always his torso was unclothed and my eyes darted to his muscular chest. Each ab and vein protruded bringing drool to my lip.

Consequences of living with eye candy.

"You should clean." He muttered while kicking the pile of fabrics across the hardwood floor.

"You should shut up." I mumbled under my breath rudely.

His eyes diverted over to my tidy sliding closet and he boldly reeled it open and raked his fingers through the clattering plastic hangers.

"What are you doing?" I finally rose off of the soft bed and met his wide back

He ignored my first eager attempts to get his attention which included coaxing his name which then lead to demanding it.

"Luca, get out of my room!" I ordered sternly before he swiftly swung around and draped clothes into my arms.

My raised voice didn't faze him as he still managed to tower over my tiny frame with his minty cool breath panting across my cheeks. "Wear this." His raspy voice spoke and added. "We're going out tonight."

Luca's broad shoulder brushed against mine as he exited the room without any further explanation. Though I was confused, I didn't protest and admired the raven black lace dress neatly folded in my arms. It was kind of hot. Smoking, if I might add.

~~~

I padded down the stairs and caught of glimpse of Luca and Nelly conversing in the modern kitchen. The dark cabinets glistened against the lucid lights and the marble counters were polished and wiped clean most definitely by Nelly.

She'd make a great housewife. I could just imagine her running around, long hair whipping hehind her with and apron tied across with tiny toddlers. The smell of Pinesol would be permanent in the house.

I spotted Luca with his face buried into Aunt Nelly's shoulder in a firm hug. Her nails traced his back through the thin t shirt he wore as she comforted him in wide circles. I saw her lips moving as she spoke reassuringly into his ear.