Chapter Fifteen

If I said I was prepared, I would be lying to you. When arriving to the beach, cars were parked every where possible. Most parked bumper to bumper, others have managed to cram their motorcycles in between so they're standing. It's strange seeing the cars jammed together. There is a large area of what appears to be an empty parking lot farther down from the beach. Ignoring the wide amount of space surrounding the party, I take in the scene.

Set on the beach are thick trees on their sides, put around a pit where I suppose a fire will be later. A simple DJ stand is set up with large speakers. A large table or two seems to be set up, providing snacks. Scattered around, lining the beach are a few trees. It's a much more secluded part, where not many come to swim. It has a small mountain behind it and goes down on a slight slope before leveling out.

Seeing most girls here, they almost all dress in swim suits much more exposing then my simple bikini, making it feel like inappropriate attire. But Zayn continues to walk without notice of them.

With my hand in his, we walk farther from his motorcycle, farther from my chance to leave. On Thursday at Zayns, we talked and hung out like normal friends with nothing to worry for. He gave me a warning to the intensity of Vinnie's party's and asked several times through out the day if I really wanted to go. Claiming I could handle it, I now understand why he was still wary of me coming.

Harry was going to come but he said he had other things to do, Louis claiming the same. Not asking why both are busy, both answering shyly, I ignored their full schedules. I even asked Niall, hoping to have someone besides three people to talk to but he proudly said he was babysitting with Becky. Not bothering with any other friends, none of which I'm as close with, I accepted the fact I will be with the same three people all evening.

Walking down to the beach, coolers upon coolers are found. Blankets, towels, bags, shoes, and clothes are left lying around while music plays at the maximum. People dance while others swim, few people stand around smoking some couples cling to each other, to occupied by the others lips to notice any looks. Some even ride skateboards on the concrete. There are people scattered all over and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves allowing me to relax.

While looking around, I feel Zayns hand on my hips and I turn my head to look at him. He nods his head towards the crowd and I agree, knowing what he means. Zayn takes my hand with a grin and gently brings me into the crowd.

He holds both my hands, leading me blinding into the swarm of people who all dance without a care. The crowd isn't as intense as the one at the club and I manage to walk without being bruised.

Once we are lost in the crowd I smile, allowing him to twirl me around and pull me into his arms. He begins dancing but it is nothing like the vulgar moves at the club. Zayn goes for somewhat more normal dancing, along with everyone else. Not many, surprisingly, are glued together.

We dance ridiculously with each other and I enjoy watching him. It's fairly easy to notice Zayn doesn't dance often but it puts me at ease to watch someone not care and enjoy themselves so I do the same. With everyone dip, twirl, and twist my nerves cease and I realize I had nothing to worry about. Nothing is going wrong. We are simply enjoying each other's company.

After several songs we leave the crowd and go to the coolers. Grabbing two beers, Zayn hands me one and leans against a lone tree. Standing near and unsure by Zayn, he chuckles and pulls me into his chest with his free hand.

Zayn almost speaks when someone comes over, hollering for him. Looking over his shoulder, I see Liam and Marina make their way over with another guy, only vaguely familiar to me. Zayn grins and greets them, keeping me wrapped in his arm.

"Hey mate, glad to see you." Liam says. He looks to me and smiles. "Good to see you again Josie. Things going well I take it?"

"Same to you and yeah. Things are going well." I tell him grinning. Liam nods his head, a tight smile upon his lips. Marina comes up to me and takes me out of Zayn's arms.