~ Chapter 10 - Rain ~

Quackity's POV:

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!"
I shouted over the loud sound of the rain.

"NOPE JUST IMPULSIVE!"
She shouted back saluting me and going out in the pouring rain.

"Oh my god that fuckin-"
I muttered as I rushed outside.

I pulled over my hood to at least cover my head. I ran up to where she was.

"Why the fuck are we out here."
I said already feeling the rain soak up in my hoodie.

"You didn't have to come out."
She stated.

"Yeah well I couldn't leave you to do this alone. Who knows, knowing you, you would've gotten injured in some way."
I said trying to shake off some water which obviously did nothing.

"Awww that's sweet. You really care about me."
She teased.

I rolled my eyes as she dragged me across the streets. I had no idea where we were headed but for some reason I decided to follow along. She was holding me by the wrist pulling me with her. Because of the amount of rain that was pouring, not many cars were passing by. Meaning y/n found it the perfect opportunity to run through the streets.

"I swear to god you're gonna get us fucking killed one day."
I joked.

"Well let's hope that isn't today."
She responded.

She dragged me across different roads, streets and houses.

"Where are we going?"
I asked confused.

"I don't know but for now we're just enjoying the rain."
She answered.

"So you're telling me you have no idea where we're going?"
I repeated.

"Yeah pretty much."
She said.

I pulled her back and stopped us both.

"Are you fucking crazy? We need to get back home."
I said concerned.

"Oh come on. We live in a pretty small town. I know the way back to your house don't worry. Now let's go."
She assured.

Again I had no idea where we were headed but I still followed. She was smiling the entire time and running around joyously. I didn't want to be out here but she made it all worth it. We were in the middle of an empty road. No cars, no pedestrians, nothing except the street lights and the few buildings around us. The scene may have come off as sad and depressing to others but to me it felt...calming. We came to a stop in the middle of the road. There were no cars driving at all so he didn't have to worry about that. We stood in a comfortable silence for a bit as we made our way onto a small patch of grass.

"Woah."
She said looking up at the sky.

Her hand dragged down slightly brushing over my own making butterflies erupt in my stomach. It was unintentional and y/n probably didn't even notice it. I tried ignoring the feeling. I looked up to the sky to see what she was admiring. It was about 5 am so the sun was beginning to rise. It was blocked by most of the clouds but there was a small crack in between them which let out a ray of sunshine. I admired the view with her as he both sat down in the grass. We sat in silence with the only noise being the sound of the raindrops hitting the floor.

Her hood was over her head covering most of her face. All I could see was the smile that had formed on her face. It was contagious. She looked so mesmerized by the ray of sunshine. I find it cute how she gets amused by the smallest things. I switched my gaze from her face to the view in the sky. The sound of the raindrops mixed with the dim lighting around us made the scenery perfect. We enjoyed the moment together in peace. Away from everything. If only it could be like this forever.