~ Chapter 11 - Processing ~

D/n = Dad's name
M/n = Mom's name

Also there are gonna be a lot of POV switches so don't mind that.
---------------------

Y/n's POV:

"My parents...they...they're dead."

Alex looked at me in shock and I was frozen in place. I had no idea how to feel. They were now completely dead. Gone.

- flashback -

"Hello this is ____ hotel how can I help you?"
The voice from the phone spoke.

"Um...you guys called me?"
I said.

"Oh sorry. Could you please tell us who you are?"
They asked.

"Y/n l/n."
I answered.

The call fell silent. All I heard were people talking in the background. I couldn't hear what they were saying, it was all inaudible.

"Y/n l/n?"
The voice spoke.

It seemed to have been a new voice this time. I'm guessing they had passed the phone to someone else.

"Uh yeah that's me."
I answered.

"This is never easy to say but we regret to inform you that you're parents d/n and m/n have sadly passed away due to an over-dose on illegal substances."
They explained.

Everything stopped. I could 't bring myself to speak. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I was in pure shock. They were actually gone.

"Oh...I- I don't know what to say."
I said.

"They still lay here and since you are the only family member we could find, you need to decide what to do with the bodies. And you can always come by to visit if you would like to say your final goodbyes."
They suggested.

"I- I'll consider it."

And then, the call ended.

- end of flashback -

I mean they were horrible parents. I didn't even know they took drugs. I only knew of alcohol and that's about it. I didn't know wether I should've felt happy or sad or just neutral. They were just the worst parents on earth. I contemplated on what to do with them. I could give them a funeral, or I could ask to preform cremation. A funeral would be expensive but I didn't want to have to keep their ashes. I figured I would settle on a funeral I guess.

"Oh my god what happened?"
He asked concerned.

"Over-dose...on drugs."
I answered still in shock from the information I had received.

We both stayed silent. I mean I couldn't blame him. I had just told him my parents died. If I was in his place I wouldn't know how to react either.

"W-well how do you feel. Y'know about them dying?"
He asked.

"I-...I don't know."
I responded.

I had no idea how to feel. I didn't like them at all and they didn't like me. But did they deserve to die? I mean yeah...they never took care of me, they spent their money on useless shit, they couldn't care less about me. I mean I feel no different to when they were alive probably because even then I barely spoke with them. The only thing that felt different was that I didn't have to worry about them. I didn't have to worry about the name-calling, the disappointment, the anger that they delivered towards me. It was all gone.

I felt...relieved.

Quackity's POV:

Y/n had just announced to me that her parents died. I mean I knew she hated them and they were horrible people. They even abused her. Although now they're dead. I had no idea on how to react.