Chapter 20

"This is Vincent"

"This is Esmeralda"

Michelle said cheerfully with a grin on her face while letting go of her arm as they reached the entrance to finally meet the love of her life for years.

Esmeralda looked up to him, he looked like his pictures which is generally a good thing. Michelle showed her some photos when she admitted she had someone.

She didn't know if it's offensive so she kept her mouth shut but they looked eerily similar to one another. At first glance, people would think they're siblings but then they'll start flirting and people would nod upon realizing they're a couple.

On that note, they really look good for each other. They somehow just fit perfectly like a lock and a key.

"Hi, Michelle told me a lot about you" Vincent waved his hand, radiating the same energy that Michelle has. It didn't shock her that this guy liked her friend and vice versa.

"I could say the same" Esmeralda spoke honestly while chuckling. Her friend isn't the type of person to share everything that's going on with her life but she could definitely see the sparkles in her eyes and blushes in her cheeks when she mentions the guy she met just now.

"Esmeralda went to this school, tell him about Alastair" Michelle uttered excitedly like she wanted for them to get along with each other quickly.

"Oh yeah I went here for four years, all I can think of is Alastair is a hard school to stay in so you better watch out" Esmeralda warned him jokingly but jokes are half meant as people say. She's lucky that she's slowly getting used to Michelle's behavior, her surprise question didn't bother her that much.

"I can see that, I'm going crazy with all the requirements" Vincent replied with furrowed eyebrows like he can't understand what's happening.

Requirements aren't the only things you're going to go crazy about, Esmeralda thought. Maybe it's just her though. Most people aren't like her.

"Let's go eat at a cafe or something" He continued with his tone being bored, she didn't think it was intentional though. It fitted his appearance.

"I want a drink from the place we passed by while going here," Michelle added, facing Esmeralda with puppy eyes.

"Let's go there!" Michelle told them with a very joyful spirit. They just nodded since Michelle decides everything normally.

Esmeralda was surprised when Michelle clung on her instead of her boyfriend. The poor guy was like the third wheel between them. They were strolling along the sidewalk which only accommodates two people side by side while waiting for a taxi to come by.

"Hey, why aren't you walking with Vincent" Esmeralda made her voice quiet, she didn't know it was possible for her voice to be quieter but it did.

She thought she'd be out of place when they reached the school. A smile slipped off her face when her friend stayed.

"Why? I brought you here with me so you'll be here beside me" Michelle said, not bothering to make her voice quiet. She answered like this was a normal thing for her to do.

"He can handle himself, right Vincent?" she uttered loudly looking back at him. No wonder Michelle's friend group since they were little stayed together even now that they're in different schools Esmeralda thought.

"Yeah, of course, don't worry" Vincent responded being cool while shaking his hand to them, convincing her that he's okay.

A taxi drove in front of them and they got inside, the air conditioner instantly refreshed them having walked under the sun. Michelle said their destination and off they go.