19

Dear Eve,

By the time you're reading this, you'll be in the car, starting your journey away from this small town in the middle of nowhere. I'll be gone soon too. In just a month I'll be leaving to my next location where I'll be in a new setting with new, well, everything. But this summer was different. I came here full of dread for another waste of time just to meet people I'd say goodbye to just a year or two later. I don't normally get attached, but this year I did. I got so attached, I actually fell in love. The moment I say you from outside my dusty old window was when you were basking outside in the blaring sunlight listening to music. Your slightly tan skin was glossed and your messy baby hairs and bangs were sticking to your sweat covered neck and forehead. My only wish that day was to get to know that mystery girl more. And that wish came true.

We spent so many wonderful moments together that brightened my days. The moment I saw you walking down to my house, I would feel my heart skip a beat at your angelic sight. It made me wonder if I had been dreaming this whole time I was with you. But I hadn't been. And it was weird someone as wonderful as you existed in this world.

You made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. You cared for me as if the moment I frowned your whole sky came down and crashed into the Earth. I never really knew it was possible for someone to protect a stranger like me so easily even after just meeting them. Because of that, I fell in love with you over and over again every single day. I feel selfish for telling you this now, but I know that after I leave I will only become a memory soon to be forgotten. I'd rather that became true after I felt, then telling you the truth halfway through the summer. You'd probably force yourself to be my friend. But that would only hurt the both of us even more. Plus, I know how much you're in love with Milo. So promise me when you get back, you don't feel sorry for me and you love him so, so much. That's really all I want for you. I just want you to be happy, the same way you made me feel every single day. 

But I'm realizing there's a lot more to just being in love with you. I've become so thankful that you were there for me as a person. I didn't really mind in the times we were together that we were only friends because I got to spend time with you and that's all I really ended up caring about. It wasn't that you became my first love the made my summer great. It was that a person like you had entered my life and treated me the way I was longing to be treated. So, thank you for that.

I really hope you live your best life in the future. You made my summer the best I've ever had and I can't thank you enough for that. I wish that everything works out for you and your family.

Goodbye, Eve.