Chapter 9

~Reece's POV~

"You are probably the stupidest person I've ever met." Trent said when we walked through the door of my house.

"Shut up." I growled. Yeah, I realized that he was right. I was pretty stupid to tell Jo never to talk to me again. But I was mad and hurt. But she was right about me though. All those things she said were true.

"Wow. I can't believe you finally met the girl that knows you better than you know yourself."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means that she knows so many things about you. She knew all those things, I don't exactly know how. But anyway, she knew all those things, things that would scare other girls away. But Jo wasn't scared and she still likes you despite those things."

"Okay? So?"

"So we all liked her."

"So what?"

"So she changed you. You were always smiling around her, and even when you were just thinking about her. You'd always laugh and to be honest man. You were a lot more fun to be around."

"You're right. What should I do?" I can't believe I just told Trent he was right. That's going to just add to his big head.

"Get her back."

"How do you get someone back that wasn't even yours in the first place?"

"That's a good question, man. But you'll think of a way."

*~*Jo's POV *~*

He was so..... so.... ARGH!!! One minute he was so sweet and nice and the next minute he was the biggest jerk I've ever seen. What was his problem? I can't believe he thought Charlie was my boyfriend! I don't even like him like that. Seriously sometimes guys were the dumbest people ever! Then there was me. What was I thinking? I mean, I didn't mean to throw word vomit all over him. I just couldn't stop myself. I have know guys like him my whole life. Back in Diego, Texas there were all the jerks and only the few nice guys. Hell, Alex as one of them. Whatever, none of that really matters now anyway. He told me never to talk to him again, and i decided that he'll get what he wishes. Because I can't let this happen again.

"So what are you going to do on Saturday?" Sarah asked. We were on our way walking to lunch.

"Sleep in, do homework. You know same old, same old."

"Cool, but can I ask you a question?" This stopped me in my tracks. I knew what was coming.

"How did you know to block Charlie's punch like that?" I couldn't tell her, so I'll just go with the semi- truth.

"My ex taught me."

"Oh okay. And one more thing Jo."

"Yeah?"

"If you ever need anyone to talk to. I'm always here."

"Thanks Sarah. That means a lot." I smiled at her, and we walked into the cafeteria.

Then there he was. The same dark hair, dark blue eyes. Tall, tan, muscular, Reece Shaw. Surrounded by his friends and girls just like every day at lunch.

"What's going on between you two?" Sarah asked noticing my expression.

"Oh nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

"He's just mad me for breaking up the fight. And he thought that I was dating Charlie."

"He was jealous!?" She exclaimed.