Chapter 10

'Alex!" I yelled running over to Alex's unconscious body.

'Ah, come on babe." Lightening smirked.

'Shut up!" I snarled at him.

'I won't ever forget what you did last night.' Lightening glared at me. 'No one and I mean no one will ever humiliate me or my friends like that again.' I felt my heart threaten to burst out of my chest. I knew he was serious. He never joked about this kind of thing before. He was dangerous, the most dangerous man in Diego. Real name was Landen Sanders. Leader of he's gang and one of the best street fighters. Record was 64 knock outs, 105 broken bones, and 12 kills. Yes kills. Not kills in a fight to, I mean kills off the streets because someone did something he didn't like.

'I'm going to go now.' I whispered.

'Go, but just remember that where ever you go, where ever you hide, whatever you do, I will find you.'

"JO!" Reece yelled.

"Dude she looks like she's going to hurl." Jake added.

"JO!" Reece yelled again ignoring his comment. He shook me a little.

"C'mon Jo," Andy said concerned. "Snap out of it."

"Don't go into the light!" Trent smirked.

"Shut up!" Reece growled at him. "Jo, love. Please talk to me."

"I'm... I'm." hell I didn't know what I was. "Okay."

"Are you sure? You're pale honey."

"I told you." I pulled away from him. "I'm fine." Reece couldn't know that Landen was dangerous, let alone deadly.

And he was coming.

To Rock Springs.

In less than a month.

"Jo?" Reece asked. His blue eyes concerned still.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I just need to go get some air." I walked out through the door. The spring air was warm on my skin.

I can't believe that he was coming. I knew he was serious when he told me that he'd find me. And I was stupid to not think he would. I was so careless. I thought I was able to run away from him, from that night, from my past. Yeah I was running, and I was running fast.

"Jo." Reece said catching up to me.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong? What was that back there? Who found you?"

"Shh." I whispered putting my finger to his lips. "I don't really want to talk about that right now. Can we go do something else?"

"Sure." He grinned. "Guys?" He called over his shoulder. I hadn't realized that they followed us. "I'm going to go take Jo swimming."

"No, I." I protested.

"C'mon." Reece smiled taking my hand and pulled me over to his car. He helped me in and soon we sped off towards our houses. We sped through the streets and then we were outside my house. "Change into a swim suit, and I'll be back here in five."

"Okay, sounds good." I smiled as I got out of the car.

"It's a date." He smirked and drove next door to his house. I ran though my door and up the stairs to my room. I haven't worn a swim suit in a really long time. i grabbed my favorite blue suit and put it on under a T-shirt, and shorts.

'It's a date.' I smiled as Reece's words. I guess I did change the whole I don't date thing.

~Reece's POV~

She came out of her house smiling that little smile of hers. She's always looked so happy, always smiled. Then there was this afternoon. She had a look of terror on her face. Did she not like fighting? I know she told me that she's been to a few but, you can still go and not like them. Or was it something that happened when she lived in Texas? She's never talked about it.

"Hey you." She smiled as she got in my car. "Where are you taking me?"

"Swimming."

"Duh. Where?"

"Well that is a surprise, love." I grinned and sped off.

"So what happened to your whole I don't date thing?" She asked staring at my face.

"Oh nothing special. Just met this new girl." I smirked at her, and watched her blush grow. "Come on." I got out of the car and walked over to the river edge.

"We're swimming in the river?"

"Yeah."

"Fun." I took off my shirt and walked over to the river. "You coming?" I asked when I realized she hadn't followed me.

"Oh. Yeah."  She was staring at my stomach. Not a huge surprise. Then hesitantly she slipped off her shorts and shirt. She. Was. Hot!! She had arm muscles that most girls didn't have. Her leg muscles were ripped. Then she had pretty good abs. Well that part I already knew. Then on her shoulder, legs, back and then on her stomach. Were scars. She saw me looking over her scars, and tried to cover them with her arms.

"Come on." I smiled holding out my hand to her. She took it and together we splashed in the river. I ran over and picked her up over my shoulders and threw her in the river. She was giggling and smiling. Then we were by the waterfall over looking the view of the city. I traced the scars on her shoulders. I could tell they were from deep cuts, from what? I don't know.

"My past." She whispered like she heard what I thought.

"That's kinda what I thought." I whispered back. Then I leaned down and kissed her lips.

Okay, this might sound girly but, that's when I realized I'm falling for this girl.