Chapter 3

Hobi's P.O.V - 6 days later
I wake up in a strange room wondering where I am and what day it is. The nurse comes in to see me awake and runs back out again shouting for a doctor. I'm in the hospital. Then it hits me. What happened at the banquet. When she comes back with the doctor they check my vitals and run some tests. During this I decide to ask something. "What date is it?" I ask and the nurse looks at me with a smile. "It's the 7th of October." She tells me and I realise that I missed Y/N's performance. I feel awful about missing it but I feel really faint. "You were poisoned Hoseok. But we've taken blood samples for analysis while we've been working to get it out of your system. That will be the faint feeling you probably have." The doctor tells me before finishing her final checks and then leaving. "Did anyone visit me while I was unconscious?" I ask and the nurse and he nods with a smile. "Yeah. There were seven guys here and a brown haired girl visited you at every opportunity she had. She's been really worried. She's waiting to see you now actually. Shall I send her in?" He asks and I nod with a weak smile. He nods and leaves briefly before returning with Y/N. "Hobi! You're okay!  I was so worried about you after the incident at the banquet. I couldn't bring myself to dance without you there to see so I postponed my performance until you were well enough to watch." She tells me and I can't help but laugh a little. "You didn't have to do that Y/N but thank you. I'd love to watch your performance. I should be okay to come home tomorrow as I know they want to keep an eye on me overnight. Thank you for visiting me when you had the opportunity to. The nurse told me." I tell her and she blushes but nods. "Your welcome. I was really worried about you Hobi." She tells me and now I'd be the one blushing if I had enough blood to. They took some more blood samples before she came in. "Anyway. They told me it was a poisoning but what I don't get is who would want to poison you." She says to me and I nod. That's a question I'd like the answer to as well. Y/N stays for the entire visiting time as well as the little extra before. When it's time for her to leave she gives me a gentle hug before leaving me to rest while the doctors run more tests on me.

Time skip - next day

Y/N's P.O.V
Today Hobi can come home again. I'm so happy to get my bestie back. I wanted to go and get him but Namjoon persuaded me not to. Something to do with it not being safe or something like that. Yeah don't know what he's worried about really but I did as he asked me. I think he's just worried after what happened to Hobi. I understand his concern as it was a poisoning so it was deliberate. Although he may not have been the target it was still intentional. This person intended to poison someone. When he arrives home I go to see him and see if I can help but he ignores me and walks off to his room. I can't help but feel hurt by his actions. What have I done wrong? I walk back into the living room feeling deflated and throw myself onto the sofa. "What's up Y/N? I know a deflated look when I see one so don't bother telling me you're fine." Namjoon tells me and I look up at him before moving to allow him to sit next to me. "Hobi was really rude to me in the hall but I'm fine. It doesn't matter." I say but Namjoon shakes his head before pulling me into a hug. "That's not like Hobi. I wonder why he was so rude to you?" He says before letting me go and heading off to speak to him which left me with Jimin. "Man why would Hobi hyung do that? You guys are so close." Jimin states as he moves to sit with me. "I know but here we are. Maybe it's because of what I told him the night he was poisoned." I say and Jimin looks at me curiously. "What did you say to him? If you don't mind me asking?" He says and I sigh. I trust Jimin with all my secrets. "I told him I'd fallen in love with him." I tell him and Jimin nods with a small smile. "Well that was obvious from the way you two acted with each other before that. He invited you to the dinner, he bought your dress and 4 others. He bought you shoes for the dresses. He was so upset when he knew he'd missed your dance performance. That man up there cares about you a lot Y/N." He says pointing upstairs to where Hobi is. I sigh. "I'm not sure he cares as much as you think he does Jimin." I say before grabbing to tv remote ant turning the tv on to terminate the conversation.