Chapter 4

This is continuing from chapter 3 after Y/N's performance.

Y/N's P.O.V
"So what do you guys want to get to eat?" I ask as we head to the cars. I took my own so I stop at theirs first. "Umm, how about that chicken place we usually go to?" Jungkook suggests and we all agree. "Cool. I'll meet you there then." I say before waving as I walk over to my car. As I reach my car I hear footsteps behind me and turn to find Hobi walking towards me. I can't help but laugh. "Are you wanting to come with me?" I ask and he nods with a smile. I shake my head laughing lightly as I unlock my car.

Y/N's car

"Okay so why do you want to come with me?" I ask as I start the engine and pull out of the space

"Okay so why do you want to come with me?" I ask as I start the engine and pull out of the space. "Well it's as simple as I want to enjoy the drive with you." He says to me and I look at him, unsure of whether to believe that or not. "You just want to sit in my new car before anyone else don't you?" I ask and he nods and I smile as we pull out onto the road. The others following behind. I see Hobi looking around the car in awe before looking at my phone. I sigh before telling him what the password is so he can unlock it and put music on. "Thanks. I thought you hated other people on your phone?" He asks and I nod while driving. "I do, but I trust you. You're my best friend Hobi. You can use my phone whenever you need to." I state as he selects my playlist. "Thanks. Same goes for you. I hope this is alright?" He says to me and I nod with a smile. The drive is about 20 minutes as my university campus is on the outskirts of the city. "Hey, Y/N can I ask you something?" Hobi says and I nod before replying. "You just did but yes. What's up?" I reply and he looks at me like he'd slap me if I wasn't driving. "I don't want to ask you now." He says all pouty and I sigh. "Hobi don't get all salty with me or I will stop this car and make you walk." I say with a stern tone and he shakes his head. He thinks I won't do it. I start to slow the car down and he immediately realises I'm serious. "Okay okay, I'll ask you the question!" He says and I speed up again. "You know at the banquet when I was lying there I thought I was going to die. When you told me seconds before that how you felt my heart felt like it was going to explode with joy. I finally felt loved by someone and I felt like it was going to be taken away from me. It was then that I realised that..." Hobi stops talking as we pull into the car park. It's then that I realise how nervous he is again. I place a reassuring hand on his and he looks up at me. "You don't have to continue if you don't want to." I tell him and he shakes his head. "I want to tell you though. It's just hard for me to get the words out." He says and I nod as we get out of the car and head inside. The others arrive moments after and join us at the table. "You guys look very serious. Everything alright? Did we interrupt something?" Namjoon asks and I shake my head. "No you haven't interrupted anything and we are alright. Now shall we order some drinks at least?" I ask and everyone nods.

Jungkook's P.O.V
Hobi hyung looks tense. It makes me feel uneasy. I don't like it when anyone is tense. Something has happened on the journey here between Y/N and Hobi. I can tell by the way they are sitting. They were in the middle of a conversation when we arrived. We interrupted something but they don't want us to feel like we did. Our drinks arrive and we order our food. I decide to break the awkward tension by asking Y/N when we will get to ride in her car. "Well, that depends Kook. When are you free?" She asks and my eyes light up and I smile before telling her and she nods before offering to drive me to dance practice tomorrow. "Really?" I ask and she nods. I didn't think she'd let us except for Hobi hyung. "You can even drive it if you like?" She says and I look at her wide eyed. Wow. Everyone looks more relaxed now. Even Hobi hyung. He's sitting next to Y/N and Jimin. When our food arrives, a comfortable silence sets in.