Prologue

Prologue

Every girls dream is to find her Prince Charming and fall in love. Or be in mortal peril and have him save her from the clutches of her evil step-mother. Every girls dream is to become a fairytale princess, have dresses and a huge palace. Befriend the woodland creatures, like the deer or the rabbits. Have a thousand ball gowns, one for every color ever, and more shoes than she can wear. Have her hair and make-up done for her every day and look drop dead gorgeous when she walks in to any room.
It's a good dream to have. Little girls need something magical to dream, not something practical like a lawyer or the next famous female politician. They wish of the crown and the looks and zero cares in the world. That beautiful prince and the happily ever after, but is that really ever going to happen?
The real reality of being a princess is little to nothing to like what the fairy tales are like. The dresses are limiting, the princes full of themselves, orders left and right. When you do get close to a woodland creature they dismiss you, doesn't matter what linage you are part of they are all little jerks. There is so much make up you feel like a clown and when people do your hair it feels like they are trying to rip it off your head. The shoes hurt your feet, and the dresses are too heavy. The princes are all assholes who rather spend time looking in a mirror than looking at you, or talk about themselves then talk about something important.
There are really no pluses to being a princess. You are trained your whole life to become a ruler, and when you become one you're just the pretty face that sits next to the king. You don't get to pick the king either, you are set up by your parents then have a public wedding in front of the entire world. You then sit and act like a lady for the rest of your life. You have to have an offspring who will then go through the same things that you went through.
Most people don't remember that they live in the twenty-first century, so the old ways are still followed. Women then to the house while the men do the work. While the rest of the world, and your country, follow the new ways. The royal part of the world are still acting like Cinderella and Prince Charming are ruling and partying with the other royals of the world like Aurora and Phillip, or Anna and that Ice Guy (was it Sven?).
While the older generations are still acting this way the newer generation of the royal bloodlines are trying to mix it up a bit. Good-bye seventeenth century and hello to the twenty-first. The world will be a different place. The newer generation will have people ruling countries differently. We will be remembered forever.