{Chapter 5}

(Y/n) crept up the stairs to the main floor and opened the trap door blocking her way.

As her masked face popped out from under the door, she was stunned.

The place was a chaotic mess!

'It looks like a bunch of Tanuki were partying up here!' (Y/n) looked around the building, shocked at the damage. Holes in the walls, most of the second floor is clasping and rubble everywhere.

'How hard did I sleep?' She asked herself as she tried to find the others.

Climbing out of the hole in the floor, (Y/n)'s ears pierced up to the sound of a voice; Lady Tamayo's voice.
"Before this can go on, I have a question to ask?"
(Y/n) followed the woman's voice like puppy to it's owner. She slipped and slid as zoomed towards the black haired woman.

But she came to a holt at the sight of a six armed woman. Lady Tamayo standing in front of her with blood dripping down her arm, with an angry Yushiro and Nezuko sanding on either side of her.

"Get out the way Fugi- OH! Look who we have here! Hello little Miko! Your quite lucky since HE want you alive! Lucky, Lucky..." The armed woman cooed at (Y/n), a rift between mocking her and respecting her.

A confused (Y/n) just tilted her head to the side letting out a soft squeak.
Tamayo took fall note of demoness's wards. 'Why does Kibutsuji want (Y/n)? Isn't she an ordinary Fox-like demon he turned?'

(Y/n) ears pierced up again as she heard  the sound strangling. Sadly, this time her heart sank at the smell of blood...

Not Tamayo's...

But Tanjiro's...

From the sounds of it he was so injured to the point he couldn't walk.

'Why!? Why would someone do that to my friend!?'

The Tamari demon chuckled at (Y/n); she was trembling.

"Awww, can't handle the sight of blood. Hahahahaha!" (Y/n) slowly turned her head towards the six armed tamari demon.

And vanished...

The tamari demon's eyes widened at her missing figure. Her eyes shooting around wherever the Miko could be. And this time she began to tremble...

*Boof!*

The demon stumbled backwards at the shock of a ball of blue fire bursting in front of her. Letting out a loud yelp!

*Boof, boof, boof, boof, boof!*

Several more fireballs busted around her dancing to her fear. Taunting her...

The she-demon took a step back in shock and confusion. "What's going on here!? Where did you go, Miko!?" She asked in vain.

Tamayo outstretched her arms in front of Nezuko and Yoshiro to stop them from getting any closer.
While Tanjiro froze in place where was crowdin, at the sight of the blue flames.

(Y/n) then showed herself...

Behind the she-demon...

The six-armed demoness zipped around, feeling her presence behind her trying to land a hit on the masked female. But as so as she turned, (Y/n) vanished again...

She reappeared inbetween two of the twinkling blue flames, but vanished again when the six-armed demon tried to strike at her.

Soon the two of them were now in a loop of vanishing and reappearing and striking. But this vanishing dance kept getting faster and faster and faster.

But then (Y/n) appeared in front of six-armed demon, quickly dodging her strikes and slapped her palm on the she-demon's heart. (Y/n)'s body then melted into mist, seeping into the she-demon's chest.

The Tamari demon's colour drains from her face...

The sword, that was held in Tanjiro's mouth, dropped to the floor. As he watched the Tamari demon drop her tamaris as her body cracked backwards.

Her eyes went bloodshot as all her vains raised, becoming red and every muscle twisted. Her eyes stare at the sky before she released a blood chilling scream.

*Meanwhile*

Muzan was making his way through his never ending fortress. But all of a sudden a rush of pain hit him.

He hissed in pain as blood red vains crawled over his skin.

'Never touch Tanjiro again, if you want to keep your sanity!' A female voice growled in his mind.

"How are you? And are you doing to me?" Muzan spoke out, looking around him trying to find the source of the voice. Only earning another rush pain from the crimson vains. He hissed, holding his temples trying to keep himself together.

He soon let out heavy gasps for air as the painful red vains crawled down and away from his skin: releaf...

*back with the main group*

The Tamari demon clasped, her eyes and mouth agape. Her muscles still twinkling.

A mist swimming out of her chest forming back into (Y/n)'s figure. As her body finished forming she turned to the injured Tanjiro. He flinched at her attention.

(Y/n) hopped off the she-demon's corpse and dashed towards him.

"Tanjiro!" Tamayo yelled in fear for his safety.

Tanjiro's jaw dropped as (Y/n) fell to her knees and wrapping her arms around his neck; hugging him.

His eyes soften at the sight of her ears folded back and the sound a soft puppy whimper. A sound like an injured dog.

He raised his hand and gently patted her head, while softly cooing. "It's ok, I'm alright, don't worry..."

A soft smile crawled on his face as his saw her fox ears pirked up and her tail started to wagging.

Tamayo watches the sean in shock.
'Did she just kill to protect Tanjiro?'

Tamayo soon turned to find Nezuko sleeping against wall. She then turned to the dead demon and took the opportunity to take some it's blood and to seen what Rank she was.

Tanjiro kept patting (Y/n)'s head until he heard Tamayo call out to him. He quickly turned his attention to the demoness.

Tamayo points to the corpse's eyes. "She's not one of the twelve kizuki. She's to week..."

Tanjiro's jaw drops, 'how is she to week! So there are demons way stronger!'

"However, this blood will still be useful to us." Tamayo explained as she extracted the blood and put the syringe in a little box.

As she left the corpse, Tanjiro tried to get up but (Y/n) held the sleeve of his uniform. He stopped and looked at her.

(Y/n) then put his arm around her neck and held his waist and supported him as he got up. And helped him walk to the corpse of the tamari demon. And let him kneel by her side. (Y/n) soon kneeled next to him and took out a red bead necklace and began to pray.

'You didn't want to have to kill, did you (Y/n)?'