Chapter One: How I met him(Jake's POV)

Okay, it probably wasn't the smartest idea to go figure out what the creature was. But, I mean seriously, it's a strange orange tailed...THING. I had to figure out what it was. It's the job of an adventurer on a deserted island. Falling in hopeless love with the strange neon colored fish? That was the biggest mistake I made this summer.
For all of you to fully understand this story, I'm going to have to start from the beginning.
It all started one summer afternoon. The sky was completely clear and the grass had never looked greener outside of my mansion of a tree house. I could pretty much guarantee that that day was the best day to discover new land on my island.
I decided I'd walk the shore of the island. So I set out on my journey, pushing through vines and tree branches to finally reach my destination--the beach. My boots left markings in the sand like fingerprints as I walked down the line between the untouched sand and the clear blue tinted water. After long hours of walking, I saw movement. A bright orange thing was swimming under the water. I stepped closer to get a better look but it swam away to fast. Leaving a trail of shells behind me to mark the place I found the mysterious fish, I went home. Day after day, I went back there, looking for the creature to appear again. I had no luck.
As it was my island was lonely. There was no one there but me. Months after the discovery of the fish, I decided to go back to that beach. But this time, I went back to swim. In green and black shorts, I walked out into the warm water, staying within 40 feet of the shore in fear of a shark attack. I went under the water to get my hair wet and when I came back up, I turned around and bumped right into a blonde boy with orange eyes. My heart skipped a beat as I jumped back slightly.
"Oh, sorry." The boy scratched the back of his neck. "I didn't mean to startle you."
I gave a small smile and bit my lip. "Wait." My face dropped and I looked at him with a startled expression. "People don't live on this island. Who are you?!"
"Oh, no I'm not a person." He said as if it were nothing. A half smile crossed his face as he turned around towards the shore and went under water, swimming away. Not with legs or with feet. With a bright orange tail.
-
-
//Hey there! This is my first Fanfiction so I hope you all enjoy it! More chapters are to come in the very near future, but for now I'll leave it at that.

Don't forget to follow, like, and go check out my instagram(@ marinaandthehomestuck is my username)! Thanks for reading!