Chapter 2: Not a Human(Dirk's POV)

I popped my head out of the water and looked at the astonished boy staring at my tail. "Y-you're that...that thing!" He said in a startled tone, scooting towards me through the pressure of the ocean around us.
"Well that's slightly offensive..." I gave him a small half-smile, raising an eyebrow.
"No, don't take it that way. You're amazing....A whole new kind of interesting..." The dark haired beauty looked up at me with his big beautiful green eyes.
"Are you flirting with me?" Now I was just teasing him. But it was so fun! He was adorable.
Blush covered his face and his eyes widened. "W-what? No way! Not at all..." He laughed awkwardly. It was a joke but he kinda took it like he really was. I blushed slightly as well, not really showing it though. "Heh...I-is there anything else you're not telling me about yourself? Like some power or something?" I shook my head, crossing my arms over my pale chest.
"No. Other than my tail, the only interesting thing about me is if I have a really good reason I can try to become a human. I'd have to go to the Condense--she's the queen of this hell called the ocean--and beg and plead to be a human. Chances are she'll just kill me but its worth a shot if I really do have a good reason." I smirked, looking over the boy in front of me.
-----
For the next few weeks, Jake kept visiting me consistently. It had been almost two months now and we were kind of considered friends. Since he was a human, I really wasn't supposed to be around him, but I couldn't help it. He was lonely and honestly, I was too.
Today, Jake was swimming again. He sat up on the shore in front of me and smiled. "Hey Dirk!" he yelled with his happy British accent.
"Hey." I said back, swimming up and sitting by him on the shore.
He looked at him. "So I've finally worked on my swimming...I think I'm ready to take you on in a race." He laughed.
I smirked. "Okay...Then let's race!" I yelled, quickly jumping into the the water and swimming quickly to the marker they had chosen as their finish line. Jake did the same and nearly beat him, but I left him in the dust at the end. "You're pretty good." I said after the race ended and turned around to him. "Jake?" I said, seeing he wasn't above water. "Jake?!?" I dived under the water, looking for the dark haired boy. I found him half way to the bottom and picked him up, pushing up so they were above water. He looked so pale. "Jake please...wake up..." I cried, seeing his eyes closed. I grabbed his wrist, looking for a pulse. No luck. Jake was dying.
--------

//finally continued it! Okay well, hopefully you guys like this one too! Once it gets 20+votes, I'll update again! Share it and stuff and make sure to follow me and my instagram: @ marinaandthehomestuck. Also, Jake is not going to die in this so don't worry!!