save me

WORD COUNT| 1080
TW!|suicidal thoughts
SONG| sleep apnea by beach fossils

Y/N'S POV.

it was at this day that i thought to myself, i did not want to be a human being on this planet anymore.

my life was already shit to begin with. my father left when i was young, i have to practically raise my younger brother, and my mom is never home. she's always out with the car somewhere taking whatever drug she could find and not coming home for about a week.

school didn't help either. as much as i tried, i was failing my classes cause im never able to study. my only friend left me, so im stuck alone. and the "popular" kids always seem to hate my guts.

i was in the hallway again when vincent hacker walked into me and shoved me into the lockers, causing me to fall and drop all my things.

"how is your day, y/n?" he said in a sarcastic and rude tone. "it's shit like always." i replied. "and you just made it even worst. so, thank you vincent."

he might be popular, but i addressed him by his full name. i wasn't going to call him vinnie to sound like everyone else. plus, i knew he didn't like it.

"it's vinnie you dumbass." he corrected me. "why don't you just leave and never come back here again. everything is always better when your not seen anyways."

"mmm yeah maybe i will." i mumbled under my breath. i scooped everything back into my arms and walked back to class.

i had no idea why that hacker kid seemed to hate me so much. but i was planning on leaving anyways, and for good.

after school, i slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way to the bridge that was hidden by some trees. i didn't want anyone to find me. i wanted my last moment living to be alone, by myself, how it always has been. not a single thing to disturb me.

i threw my backpack over to a nearby bush and climbed onto the railing. i looked down at everything below me. it seemed scary.

i dangled one of my feet over. thoughts kept running around in my head. i wanted to do this, but is this what i really wanted?

suddenly, i heard the sound of a parked car and the door opening. slowly i turned around to see who it was.

it was vinnie. what the hell was he doing here. how did he find me?

his eyes looked at me in shock. "y/n? is that you?" his voice was shaking. "are you doing what i think you-"

i felt tears coming down like a waterfall. i had no idea why i was crying in front of this guy. but i think i had just realized what i was about to do, just like him.

"yeah." i sobbed. "i just...couldn't do it anymore. im just sick of everything. my home life is a mess, people treat me like absolute shit, and im just a mentally ill teenager who feels done."

he just stood there for a couple seconds and didn't say anything. until i finally heard him speak.

"please don't do that to yourself. there is so much more to look forward to. get off of there and come back over here."

i fucking hated him. why was he suddenly acting so nice and concerned for me? he was the one saying everything is better with me gone.

"why are you acting like this, vinnie?" i decided to finally call him by the name everyone else does. "why are you even here? why do you care!"

he seemed so nervous to even say anything. "well because..." he paused and it looked like he was gonna break down. "one of my bestest friends died because.... he...killed...himself." it took a while for him to get it out.

i had no idea. that's probably the reason why he missed school for a whole week. vinnie didn't have perfect attendance, but he definitely didn't miss school for that long. when he came back, he didn't talk much either.

"im sorry about that. i didn't know that at all-"

"yeah that's why i stopped you." he continued. "i don't want another person to end up like him. i had no idea that you were going through stuff either. i guess we all have our shit."

i slowly put my legs back on the other side as he came over to help me over back on ground.

"ill leave you alone now." he tells me. "like at school."

i hope he didn't expect us to be on good terms because of this, but looking at it now he pretty much saved my life.

"yeah thank you for saving me vinc-" i almost said but i caught myself. "vinnie."

he smiled as he rubbed under his eyes. "no problem, but just promise me you wont do it again. it reminds me of him and i dont want to see anyone end up the same way. if you need to talk, you can come to me, even though-"

i cut him off. "lets be on good terms after this, please." i asked him. "i don't need extra things to deal with, and neither do you."

"i agree." he nodded. "im sorry i was ever mean to you. i don't know why, my ego probably took me over after i lost him. things were just different and i didn't know how to act."

i listened to him and we sat by a tree to talk for a little longer. there was obviously a lot that he didn't know about me, and there were many things i didn't know about him.

he motioned for me to get in the car so he could give me a drive home. i grabbed my backpack and got into the passengers seat. he started the car, and i looked behind me as the bridge started to fade away in the distance.

"thank you vinnie. really."

"y/n, your welcome. and im sorry."

different from the other imagines, deals with a heavy topic. please remember that you aren't alone, and feel free to reach out to me or others if you need help.
also, i know that vinnie would neverrr act like this. remember that this is just a story.