you own my heart & it's no one elses

WORD COUNT|1215
SONG|lvr boy by awfultune
hello it's been a while since i last updated, but im back!
this one is gonna be a long one, i hope it makes up for
how inactive ive been. this one owns my heart, so enjoy <3

VINNIE'S POV.

it was another day at school but i couldn't find myself to focus on anything. how was i supposed to pay attention when i haven't seen or heard from my girlfriend all day?

this wasn't normal for her to do. the beginning of my morning always was to wake up with a text from her, but when i picked up my phone this morning expecting both a text and a smile on my face, i found that there was absolutely anything.

i would usually be greeted by her in person, her immediately coming to me giving me the affection she always has for me as soon as she sees me. but today? no.

none of this was typical of y/n at all. i was getting worried and my anxiety was kicking in and my mind started racing around. did something happen to her? was she mad at me? was it something that i did? i just needed to hear from her.

i look to my phone and open up the texts between us. the text i sent an hour ago is still on delivered. my heart started to sink. she always responds to my texts.

IMESSAGE

vin <3 🕷
hey are you alright? you
didn't text this morning...
delivered

i let out a huge sigh and i couldn't stop getting all stressed out about it. of course i was worried about her. she was one of the best things that happened to me. if something happened to her, i needed to know. if i did something wrong, i wanted to fix it.

the bell rang and i ran out the door and found one of y/n's vest friends, nailea. i went up to her.

"nailea, have you seen or heard from y/n today?" i asked her frantically. i could tell that she could see the worry right through my face.

"no i don't think she came to school. im pretty sure she stayed home. the last time we talked she was going through a lot." she told me.

that was all i needed to hear. i was glad she was at home and safe, but i knew that things still weren't right with her. she did mention it to me before she did experience mental health issues.

i didn't want her to feel alone and isolated especially that she's going through a lot. she needed someone to be with her. to comfort her, assure her everything will eventually be fine, and to take care of her. i am that person.

"thanks nailea." i sling my backpack over my shoulder and start to make my way to the nearest exit. "vinnie! where are you going?" i hear nailea shout.

"im skipping the rest of school." i say as i run through the door. "she needs me." i run as fast as i can to y/n's house since she doesn't live too far from the school.

i make it to her house and ring the doorbell. i wait for a couple seconds and no one answers the door. i know her parents aren't home and i also know they always keep the back door unlocked, so i go around to the backyard.

i slide the door open and walk up the stairs and reach y/n's room. i knock on the door and it seems to have startled her.

"what the heck?" i hear her say quietly and faintly.

"y/n it's me."

"vin?" the doorknob opens and i see her. she's wearing one of my hoodies and looks like a mess. a beautiful one. her eyes are red and puffy. there are tears going down her face but she is quick to wipe them off with the sleeves of the hoodie.

even like this, she was still the most perfect human being in my mind.

"are you okay? what happened baby?" i ask. i know she isn't, but i still ask anyways.

tears start to run down her face and she falls into my arms sobbing, which catches me off guard but i catch her just in time.

i sit myself down on the floor of her bedroom, and she lies down in between my legs with her head resting on my lap.

"it's okay. whatever it is, you're going to be fine. cause im here. everything is alright." i assure as i stroke the top of her head.

"i like how you say that vinnie, but things aren't." she says. "but i appreciate you saying that." i know it might sound mean, but coming from y/n, she was definitely being genuine. but she was probably right anyways.

"do you wanna talk about it?"

"no not really. but i can tell you that there's a lot going on and it's way too much for me to handle." she tells me as i hold her. "i don't get people sometimes. they just don't understand, unlike you."

i wasn't gonna push her into giving me details. that wasn't any if my business, and i knew it had nothing to do with me.

"why didn't you tell me?"

"what do you mean?" she says quietly.

"why didn't you tell me about how you were feeling, y/n? i didn't need to know the reason, but i don't want you to be dealing with all this on your own. i care so much about you." i try my best not to make her feel guilty for anything. that's the last thing i would want to do.

"i don't know. i guess i didn't want to trauma dump on you and be annoying, constantly going on and crying about my problems. it's so pathetic. im sorry i-"

i stroke her cheek gently, getting her to calm down as she wraps her hands around my waist and hugs me.

"don't say sorry." i interrupt her. "it's just that next time i'd like to know, so i can be here for you. that's my purpose, isn't it." 

"oh okay, ill be sure to tell you next time vin. sorry i didn't say anything, i didn't have the energy." she tries to apologize and say sorry again before i stop her. she has no reason to apologize.

she gets off my lap and sits up. i wipe the tears of her face for her as i see a small smile appear on her face.

"thanks for being here when i fall apart." she laughs as she's still trying to fully hold back tears. "you own my heart and it's no one elses."

"of course." i reply as i hold her hand in mine and plant a kiss on her forehead. "i will always be."

mental health is important !
this chapter is very much inspired by my
own mental breakdowns so please take care
of yourself the best you can, and hopefully
we can all find a vinnie someday to be there.

mental health resources are in the linktree in
my wattpad profile and all my other socials.

love you all <3