Closer

Key Notes:
y/n - your name
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

🧍‍♀️Your POV🧍‍♀️

I open the front door in a hurry. Then I freeze when I see Mr. Agreste with Adrien. He has his hand behind his back and Adrien has a big frown.

"Uhh, what's going on? Did someone die or something?" I laugh at my own joke. Without hesitation, Adrien runs up to me, then hugs me. I pat his back in confusion, "you good?"

He pulls away, "I'm so sorry...just remember your dad is here...and my father is here for you now..."

"What?"

Gabriel nods at Nathalie, who just walks in. She sighs, "your mother was found dead in a warehouse 1 hour away from here."

I look away. As I start to feel tears forming, I turn around.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't. CRY.

I've never cried after the day I couldn't see my dad and it should stay that way. Why does this affect me? I didn't get along with her for half my life...

But I guess deep down I loved her...because she was still my mother...

I walk past them slowly with my head down. When I get to my room, I don't even bother closing the door. I just flop onto the bed and sob.

Adrien knocks on the door, "hey..."

I peak slightly then turn back into my pillow.

I feel him taking a seat on my bed, "this is the time where it's nice to have those close friends."

I look up at him with puffy eyes, "I don't have any!" I shove my face back into the pillow.

His hand strokes my hair and back, "you have me and Luka."

I turn to lay on my back, "yep."

"And it's time you make more friends."

"What?! Just because I'm a bit nicer doesn't mean I want to become friends with all your friends."

"You need the support right now."

"No I'm fine."

"Your eyes are red and puffy. Do you think people will believe you when you say 'I'm fine'"

"They did when I was an angry person. So what's the difference now? Sad and anger is the same. Except one is more aggressive."

Adrien doesn't say anything. He taps the table and then walks out.

I roll onto my stomach and cry more.

🥐 Adrien's POV 🥐

I pull out my phone. Plagg pops out of my jacket, "what are you doing?"

"I'm texting the girls to come over."

"You think Y/n wants that?"

"She needs them Plagg."

"She won't be happy with this."

"I'm doing this for her."

"Maybe you should just leave her alone. It's what I do with my cheese. I leave it alone and wait...and wait...I wait for the right time to approach it. Then...I EAT IT! And you know, it works out great everytime!"

"She isn't one of your pieces of cheese," I shake my head.

Plagg shrugs, "okkk but if she ends up chewing your head off, don't come crying to me," he goes back into the jacket.