Chapter 4

---

"What's the deal with your irritability?" Renjun asked Karina right after their teacher announced the dismissal. She looked pissed the minute she walked into their room, and her furrowed brows haven't left his face till now.

"As usual." Giselle answered and gazed at Jeno.

They got what Giselle meant and they all nodded in unison. Karina and Jeno have been coping with it since last year. Their parents are friends, and when Karina and Jeno were born and they noticed how well they got along, they decided on their own to force them to marry in the future. Their parents only informed them when they became senior high schools.

Of course, Jeno and Karina don't want that to happen and they only see each other as friends and nothing more. Also, Karina has a boyfriend already for 3 years.

"As soon as I woke up, they ordered me to ask Jeno out on a date, so I became upset and told them I already had a boyfriend, and when I told them it wasn't Jeno, they got angry." Karina then rolled her eyes and pushed her hair away from her face in frustration.

"Wow, your parents are something else." Renjun shook his head as he shifted his gaze between Jeno and Karina.

"Yah, did your parents confront you about it again?" Donghyuck asked Jeno, and the older shook in response.

"No, not yet. I'm hoping they get amnesia and forget everything."

"Yeah." Karina nodded in agreement. "Who even thought of such a thing? It's stupid."

"Too many tv shows, I think?" Giselle laughed.

"Jaemin will be furious if he finds out." Donghyuck continued, which caused everyone to look at him puzzledly, and Jeno slapped him on the shoulder as a result.

"Jaemin? Why would he do that? Does he like Karina?" Renjun drew his arms around his chest.

"Or Jeno?" Giselle elaborated.

"What's up with you?" Jeno nudges Giselle on the shoulder, but she smirks at him as she notices his cheeks turning crimson. "Shut the fuck up Lee Donghyuck." Jeno added and pinched Donghyucks shoulder but the younger only laughed at him.

"Why? You like hot guys." Giselle answered but Jeno ignored her.

"Aww, why are you hurting me? It's just my hunch." Donghyuck pouted while rubbing his shoulder which Jeno pinched and hit at the same time.

"Anyway, I don't want to think about it. Giselle and I have to go now." Karina rose to her feet and collected her purse.

"Where?"

"To the dance troupe studio. They invited us to perform for the upcoming sports fest." Giselle answered. "See you!" Then Karina pulled her and they left the room.

Donghyuck and Jeno glanced at Renjun since he would be alone here while they did their punishment to clean the ground. Apparently, two sections are now using the gym, so Donghyuck will join Jeno.

"What?"

"We're heading outdoors to clean right now."

"Ah, alright. Let's go."

"Huh?" -Jeno.

"I'm going with you since I have nothing to do now."

"Alright then. Let's go." Jeno nodded and pulled Renjun along with them.

The three make their way to the ground where Jeno and Donghyuck would clean when Jeno notices the familiar presence of their student council president. He had no clue why it had become familiar to him now. He's with the other student council officers, Chenle and Jisung and they seem to be talking about important things because the other two males were also serious.