Chapter 19

Jeno's room felt like a prison, the walls closing in on him as he sat on his bed, lost in a sea of tormenting thoughts. His confrontation with his mother echoed in his mind, each word a painful reminder of the chasm that had opened between them. He had stood up for his feelings, for his friendship with Jaemin, but now he was left with the aftermath of his defiance.

The weight of guilt hung heavy on his shoulders, as if he had betrayed his mother by daring to challenge her wishes. The room, once a place of comfort, now felt suffocating, mirroring the way his heart clenched with sorrow. He buried his face in his hands, trying to suppress the emotions that threatened to overwhelm him.

Images of Jaemin's smiling face flashed before his eyes, a stark contrast to the words of betrayal his mother had drilled into his head. How could he even begin to face Jaemin now? Would their friendship survive this storm, or had his mother's doubts poisoned their bond beyond repair?

 How could he even begin to face Jaemin now? Would their friendship survive this storm, or had his mother's doubts poisoned their bond beyond repair?

Jeno's phone buzzed with a message, and he reluctantly picked it up. It was from Jaemin, asking if they could talk. The mere sight of the message intensified the ache in Jeno's chest. He typed out a response, his fingers trembling as he struggled to find the right words.

Hours turned into a haze as Jeno stared blankly at the walls, lost in his thoughts. He felt like a prisoner in his own mind, trapped between his mother's expectations and his own desires. The suffocating silence of his room mirrored the chaos in his heart.

Today is Saturday, a day where he found himself with nothing to occupy his time. Seated in his room, his gaze was fixed on the walls before him. His mind was consumed by thoughts of the argument he had with his mother.

Since that night, he hadn't left his room at all. He felt unsure about how to approach his mother, and even his father had been looking for him, hoping to see him outside.

Well maybe, a text from Jaemin will make him go out this time.

Nevertheless, a pang of shame engulfs Jeno when he thinks about seeing Jaemin. Despite Jaemin's innocence in the past grievances involving his parents, the weight of his mother's animosity towards both Jaemin and his parents becomes an emotional burden that deeply saddens Jeno.

 Despite Jaemin's innocence in the past grievances involving his parents, the weight of his mother's animosity towards both Jaemin and his parents becomes an emotional burden that deeply saddens Jeno