Chapter 2: Sister

Theodosia looked outside her window. Right now she was in a room in the emerald palace. After Claude barged into the palace and found out about her, He declared that she would live in the emerald palace along with Athanasia. She didn't really care. As long as people left her alone, she wouldn't have cared. But, There she was, sitting near the window, while Athanasia sat on the sofa, sipping tea. She really didn't understand why Athanasia would visit her. 

"Papa ordered the maids from your old palace to transfer to the emerald palace so that you wouldn't be uncomfortable." Athanasia speaks up. "There was no need for that." Theodosia says, mentally groaning. She obviously didn't like her maids. 

An awkward silence took over the two of them. Well, it was awkward for Athanasia, but Theodosia didn't seem to mind. In fact, she was used to this kind of silence.

"U-umm. Would you like to go to the lake? We can go boating." Athanasia suggest trying to break the awkwardness between them. Theodosia looks at her twin uninterested, but nods nevertheless.

'What is this? It's harder to get close to her than it was with Claude!' Athanasia thought, internally crying before leading her sister towards the lake with Felix accompanying them. They reached the lake and Athanasia and Theodosia sat across from each other.

"Um. I've been meaning to ask. That time we found you that woman... Valerie was it? anyway, she had hit you with the bottle. what was that about?" Athanasia asked softly, trying not to make her sister uncomfortable. Theodosia just stared at her, without saying anything.

'Why isn't she saying anything?! This is so damn awkward.' Athanasia thought. She chuckled awkwardly.

"The lake... is beautiful." Theodosia finally spoke. Athanasia lit up. "Right? I can never get used to it's beauty even though I've been here countless times." She says smiling brightly. "I even drowned here twice." Athanasia says laughing. That surprised Theodosia.

"You drowned here?" She asked and Athanasia nods, smiling as if it was a completely normal thing. She had never seen the closeness between Athanasia and The emperor, but she had heard about it from the maids. There was no way that someone who made everyone at the debutante ball bow down just because his daughter felt uncomfortable would let the said daughter drown in the lake.  

"Who were you with at both times?" Theodosia asked, curious. "I was with papa." She said. "And he just watched you drown?" Theodosia asked, shocked. "Ah, no papa saved me both times. he even fell in the lake trying to catch me." She answered

"I see... so father saved you." That very word felt like venom in her mouth. She'd rather not say it. She's felt nothing but hatred to her so-called father who cast her aside. Originally she was planning on escaping from the palace she used to live in. She was planning on leaving Obelia, hide the fact that she was royalty and live among the commoners. She didn't want anything to do with the nobles who were selfish. She had strong mana. not as strong as Athanasia's but strong. She was planning on using her powers for those in need of help. Build homes for the homeless, take care of Orphans, all that. So that her powers would be useful somewhere. That was when the emperor came and ruined all of her plans.     

"You know, sister, You're really pretty. I thought that the first time I saw you too." Athanasia says, breaking the silence. Theodosia tilts her head in confusion. "don't we have the same face, though?" She asks. "Ah. that's not what I meant. You have this calm aura around you.. besides we're not exactly the same. Your hair is more like papa's. the colour of gold." Athanasia says, her eyes sparkling. 'Does she like gold or something?' Theodosia thought. She thought that it was rather cute. She didn't hater her sister. She just wished she'll leave her alone.

The boat ride ended and the twins went back to Theodosia's room with Athanasia talking and Theodosia barely saying anything. Once they reached back, snacks were served. 

"What is this?" Theodosia asked, looking at the dessert filled with strawberries. "Hm? Oh. that's strawberry tart. 

(Sorry

(Sorry. I'm reaaallyy craving strawberry tarts rn, but I can't have it😭)

Lily thought you might like it.. If you don't like it you don't have to it." Athanasia says. Theodosia eats in silence. "Do you like it?" Athanasia asks. "It's good..." She says. Even though it wasn't visible on her face, she loved it. She had a sweet tooth, just like Athanasia. Athanasia seemed to notice it and ordered for more sweets which Theodosia ate.

"Why aren't you leaving? Why are you even coming to visit?" Theodosia asked the question that was at the back of her mind. Athanasia smiled. 

"That's because I'm your sister!" She answers.

*****

Family. That was something Theodosia De Alger Obelia never had. She didn't need it either. She was always alone and she got used to that. That was the reason why she's so independent now. So at first she was annoyed when Athanasia approached her. but...

"That's because I'm your sister!"

'Sister, huh?' Theodosia thought to herself as she lay in bed. 'maybe staying here wont be too bad.'

 A/n: So, for Theodosia's male lead, 3 people said Lucas. Pls say who you want it to be so that I can have the plot ready. Thx for reading. I love y'all.