08: Just Stay Here ~♪

SCENE I

SCENE I

"And here we are."

With Aether's words, you found yourself snapped out of whatever nostalgic trance you had been locked in during the minutes prior.

You jolted your eyes from the sky and into the traveller's direction. Noticing him looking elsewhere, you quickly followed his line of sight and was met with a tall, typical residence of Mondstadt.

It looked tall enough for four stories, maybe more, but you assumed the fact that it was crowded between two other buildings of the same height and fashion had illusioned it to appear taller than it actually was. Just like the height, the red roof and white bricked walls matched that of almost every other complex along the street.

Memorizing the details of it, for you assumed you would have to stay here for quite some time, you followed your golden guide in his steps towards the front door.

As said guide mentioned earlier, it was a bit worn down. After all, you couldn't help but grimace at the moss seeping through the cracks of the wooden slabs that built the door. To add onto that, the metal latches that hung the door to its door frame had practically been hugged with rust, and it made you wonder if opening the door would result in them crumbling to bits.

Maybe you wouldn't get a good night's rest after all...

As if your growing panic about the safety of the place hadn't been enough, the dear traveller just had to make a troubling, yet snarky remark.

"Oh it's worse on the inside."

You inhaled through your teeth and watched him grasp and shift over the unlocked doorknob. He treated the knob like a newly born child so that the door wouldn't fall off of its hinges, which made you realize how truly hazardous your new home was.

You even considered if it was already too late to turn and run, for a tree trunk might make for a nice pillow compared to this.

The door slowly opened, and once revealing you to the conditions inside, you almost fainted.

"Welcome home!" Paimon cheered, clearly concerned about her own safety. "And good luck."

The door slammed behind you, leaving the four of you inside. As Aether took the chance to relieve his shoulders from the heavy weight he had worn for the past half hour or so, you evaluated your brand new and soon-to-be acquainted surroundings.

Aether was right once again- it surely was worse on the inside.

The wooden floorboards creaked when even a slight shuffle was made, there was a ghastly hole broken through the one of the walls, and you didn't even want to go upstairs in fear that you'd fall right through the ceiling.