18: But a Spark ~♪

[unedited]

SCENE I

"Miss! Miss, please come back!"

Blatantly ignoring the guards many demands, you scurried off through the warehouse halls. Just like in the cathedral days prior, you were once again being chased by the appointed officials of Mondstadt, only this time they were much more capable of catching you. Multiple grown men followed close behind and with every step you quickened your pace, for your fragile and womanly figure would not stand a chance in a brawl against their pure muscle. Fortunately though, you had celestial power in your grasp, so if worst came to worst, plan B would surely work without fail.

But, on the downside, your current mind was in an overwhelming frenzy due to the intimidating interrogation you had just previously attended. You knew not how that Chief Investigator of the Knights of Favonius found out so much about you, but the worry picked at your mind like an ant does to an apple. You had made a grave mistake, and there was no turning back for you had already wiped Albedo clean of his memories. Sure, your powers allowed you to accomplish any feat when related to a secret, so maybe if you tried hard enough you'd succeed, but as of now your brains were so battered that you couldn't think properly. The truthful words Albedo spoke of your past were not expected of a simple interview with the alchemist, so the fact he revealed so much shook you to your core, especially because you had desperately hidden those memories deep inside yourself, for it was a dark time you did not want to recall. Ever.

Anyways and to the point, you had made the mistake of not reading Albedo's secrets quick enough. You entered his mind to find the sources to his knowledge about you, so you could cease these sources, but his revelations left you in such a haste and panic that you foolishly dropped all of your efforts without a second thought. You wanted to get out of there, because it was torture to hear that alchemist speak. His serene voice was a brilliantly masked set of daggers that struck with every word, so you wanted out. That was your mistake.

Unfortunately though, you still weren't able to process what you were doing due to the frantic state you were in. In the moment, there was only one thing you wanted... no, needed to do. In the past when you were burdened, and you needed someone to lift bits of that burden off of your back, there was only one person you had in mind. Actually there were two, but only one still remained in this day and age.

You knew exactly where to go, and even though this could potentially turn things worse upon yourself, you were exceptionally emotional, so you didn't care. All you wanted to do was go to the one who proved empathetic towards you in the past. Yes, he hates you in today's date for the two of you had a significant falling apart, but you wanted to see him since he is the only one who shared the burden you hold.

Surprisingly to even yourself, you wanted to see Barbatos. Sure you hate each other, but who says enemies can't rely on one another every once in awhile, especially when those enemies used to be closer than siblings in the past.