Chapter 8

^^Their dance song is up here if you want^^

Valeria Mendez's POV

We are facing one another as the music starts playing : sway by Michael Bublé. I've danced to this song so many times and I could never get tired of it. They were not ready for the show I was about to throw off.

Me and Lorenzo start by circling each other before I take a hold on his arm. He takes the opportunity to spin me around until my back hits his chest, making his cologne invade all my senses.

"Happy birthday" he whispers in my ear with a minty breath.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Oh no, we should be talking about you, this is your day" he continues spinning me back around until we face each other. I put one hand in his and the other behind his neck. We continue to follow the rhythm of the music as our foreheads touch.

I wrap a leg around him as we start spinning around, taking all the space the dance floor allows us.

"Don't mess with me lorenzo, answer my question" I advise.

"I was invited, it would've been disrespectful to decline, don't you think?"

"And since when do you care about respecting your enemies " I reply.

He avoids my question by making the next dance move. Our hands lock and my back is facing his chest again as we start walking by the side, with me lightly swinging my hips. I lift my leg up and bring it back down by twisting it around his.

He leans in, making me fall back on his arm. He starts to slowly bring his hand up my thigh until he reaches my holster and says :

"You came prepared, I see. You can't even trust your own security system?"

Surprisingly, his touch was gentle, unlike anything I've seen from him in the past years. I would've never thought that my rival, Lorenzo the Santos, could have such an effect on me.

I felt myself tensing, my breath accelerating, and my panties wetting. I hated my body for this betrayal at this exact moment.

I try to chase this thought from my mind. I had to remember who he was : the enemy that I've been trained to kill and that will show me no mercy either.

"I trust no one but myself" I argue.

I bring my hand behind his back to find a gun holding on his belt. I can see that it took him by surprise by the way his jaw clenched and his eyebrows rose.

"And I am right to do so" I affirm smirking.

We continue our performance with a series of tango steps. This dance style was known for being one of the most sensual and having to perform it with Lorenzo wasn't a pleasing idea but I'll have to admit, he knows how to dance. He was able to maintain the constant hip connection and the close-hold as well. Strides were short and smooth, the movements intimate. Steps were taken ball-flat, the feet brushing between movements.
Just like it should be done.

"Since you don't want to answer my first question, how about this one : why this dance?" I interrogate.

"Oh c'mon, no one dances tango better than me here. Plus, just like I was able to carry a gun in here, another could've done the same. And I can't let them take away the kill I've been craving for years now, can I?"

Before he could take another step, I curled my arm around his waist. Slowly teasing him until I reached his abs. Two can play this game. He had a very muscular body that tensed to my touch.

"If you were not able to accomplish this kill until now, what makes you think they can?" I tease.

"Don't play this game with me Valeria, you're not the only seductress here" he breathes bringing his hand down slowly from my shoulder to my wrist where he grabs me to pull me to his side.

The connection of his nose with my jaw made a shiver travel up my spine. I could feel his breath on my neck and I just knew he was smirking.

"It's actually a shame I'll have to kill such a pretty face." He says as his rough hand caresses my cheek after making me face him with his arm around my waist.

"The same applies to you love" I answer.

When the music stops , we are both out of breath as we are holding one another. We stare at each other for a few seconds before the clapping of the crowd brings us back to reality.

Our hands parts as I can finally feel myself regaining my breath. The heat that was surrounding me is quickly replaced by the coldness of the room.

"Are you sure you guys are enemies? Because that looked like a sexy couple throwing off a show right there" Lionel says in disbelief.

"A short moment of truce, next time, he will end up breathless... literally" I growl picking up a champagne glass that I start drinking as I walk away from the crowd.