Chapter 6

"What. Have. You. Done. Demetria Esmeray." Prince Kieran demands, walking towards her.

Demetria looks up at the sound of his voice. "'Why are you so worked up about it?" she asks frowning.

"Because you are an unpredictive and impulsive women." he replies calmly, holding her icy glare.

"who's got nothing to do with you." she snaps. 

Prince Kieran smiles coldly, "Now that's where you are wrong. The courts are under my command and so are you."

"Wait for the next council meeting and you'll find out." demetria says already done with the conversation, intending to leave. 

Before reaching past Prince Kieran, his hand on her arm shoves her back against the wall.

Rolling her eyes she huffs out a breath. She is not surprised, he just can't take no for an answer.

"I have a solution to keep my court safe. I promised the ancestral land from my court to the covens- .." she gets interrupted by the furious fae prince, baffled at her revelation.

"YOU DID WHAT? Are you out of your .." prince Kieran says losing his left over patience

She continues paying him no heed "We came to a mutual understanding and everyone's safe this way." She says leaving her gloves on the bureau

"Don't you dare cut me when I speak." The fae prince warns, in a low voice that shut her up.

She really must be out of her mind, she thinks. Biting her tongue, swallowing her words.

He steps in, trapping her by the wall. The air around them thickens with tension.

"I will not be able to protect you from the King. These are OUR sacred lands, I do not care whoever ancestors lived or died here. Have you no idea of the treaty that you have allegedly broken?" He questions confunded at her.

"That treaty was made ages ago." she says trying to convince him.

"the power of ley lines are depleting, and they need their ancestral lands to protect their kin from going extinct. It is their right." She says trying to sense an ounce of sympathy from him. But who was she kidding.

"There is nobody's rights on these lands, except us."  "Giving our land to those witches? next is what demanding equal power for them?" He says, agitated by her immoral behavior. He can't believe she actually did this.