Chapter 21- Trial

I was discharged a few hours later, i had a few stitches put in the back of my head so i had to keep the bandage on for the next two days but other than that i was fine. The doctor said i was lucky i didn't damage my brain in any way, so that's a relief. Right now the other training corps members and myself were in a dining hall for lunch. I sat at a table next to mikasa, with Armin sitting across from us.

"A trial for Eren?" mikasa said, as i was was eating my soup i looked up at the two of them who looked concerned. I shrugged and kept eating. "Why?"

"I'm not sure, but i think it's about their intentions with him." Armin replied staring at a small spot of the table in front of him.

"What do you mean?" mikasa said, wide eyed. I sighed and put my spoon down.

"Well, don't you think it's weird he can just all of a sudden turn into a titan now? How many years have we known him? And he has never thought to tell us? Or anyone? They were obviously always going to hold a formal trial, something like this is unheard of." the two looked at me and then back down again.

" I see what you mean y/n.." armin said and i just continued to eat. "But.. I think they might execute him" i looked up suddenly at that, dropping my spoon which landed back in the bowl with a splash, at the same time Mikasa stood up and looked wide eyed staring down at Armin. Not too long after, 3 soldiers burst through the mess hall doors.

"Mikasa Ackerman! y/n L/N! Armin Arlert!" at the sound of our names, all 3 of us turned our heads to face the officer. "Are you here?"

"Sir" Armin said, standing up from the table.

"You've all been ordered to serve as witnesses at the trial this afternoon"

I was about to enter the room where the trial would be held, but then a figure, on the shorter side, with black hair and an all too recognisable undercut caught my eye.

"Levi!" i yelled, walking up to the man i haven't seen since before i enlisted into the cadets. I was actually happy to see him. I heard him sigh and slowly turn around and meet my gaze. the captain was still a solid 10.. more likely 5cm taller than me. "How are you cap? seems like i'm just a few centimetres shy of you huh? i laughed and Levi scoffed.

"We're in a formal setting L/n, please soften your voice" I rolled my eyes but i was happy to see he hadn't changed.

"How's Petra? When can i see her again? Is she okay?" i asked in a not so quiet voice and slightly bouncing on my heels. I haven't seen Petra in so long and i have been so worried about her.

"She's fine, no injuries. She's been asking about when she can see you again too but with all of these recent events regarding Eren and Trost i'm not too sure. As you're probably aware, the survey corps is trying to take custody of eren, ever since Petra found out she has been doing whatever she can to get you enlisted into the scouts early as well since your decision was made for you formally ages ago. Erwin, so far is liking the idea so depending on how the trial goes, you may be able to accompany Eren" My mouth dropped open and my eyes sparkled, i couldn't believe what i was hearing. I cheered and started bouncing on my heels again.

"Cap are you serious? please let me enlist early i won't let you down!" I got all excited and even attempted to give levi a hug. It only lasted a second because levi shoved me off and placed a hand on my head, and pushed down. Hard.

"Compose yourself L/n. try that again and i'll feed you to the titans myself. Just so you know, I won't be going easy on you." He finally released my head, and i attempted to fix my now messy hair. I laughed and eyed down the captain.

"Bring it, im now certified to kick your ass just so you know. I'll be waiting."

"Don't even try it L/n." i just laughed and walked away, trying to contain my excitement as i walked in to the courtroom and stood in-between Armin and Mikasa who were already inside. Some of the remaining members of the elite squad that accompanied us during the fight were standing behind us. Not long after the rest of the party who were joining the trial walked in. Once Eren arrived, he was in cuffs and he looked terrified, i mean i don't blame him. He was forced onto the floor, and a large square metal rod was put in place to keep Eren chained up. And with that, the trial commenced.