Chapter 46 - Bertolt returns

Armin, Levi and I all began running toward our squad before Erwin stopped us.

"Armin, Levi and y/n. wait." he said and we all stopped and turned. "Levi I need you to stay"

"What, am I gonna protect the horses instead of Eren?" Levi said sarcastically.

"Yes actually. And when the time is right, I want you to strike down the beast titan. You're the only one I can trust to handle it" Erwin replied and Levi nodded.

"I'll make up for not killing the armoured brat by bringing you the best titans head" were Levi's last words before running off after the horses.

"Armin.. I have a plan for bringing down the Armoured titan." Erwin said turning to us.

"Sir!" Armin replied.

"There are two halves of this mission. One half I'm placing on your shoulders, and the other half on Hanges."

"What! He wants to use Eren as bait?" Hange asked.

"Yes. That's what the commander said before we came here" Armin replied.

"He'd resort to using Eren as bait just to save the horses?" Hange exclaimed.

"You're kidding, what if he ignores Eren and kills the horses anyway? Mikasa said, crossing her arms.

"No.. he should chase eren. If Reiner does go after the horses, Eren will wrap around behind the beast titan. With levi, the corpsmen and Eren there, it wouldn't stand a chance. Erwin must have said that right?" Hange muttered before looking at Armin.

"Y-yeah" he stuttered.

"Even if it doesn't go to plan, it'll confused the enemy enough to break ranks. It all depends on whether or not Reiner can see that far ahead" Hange replied.

"Knowing Reiner? Definitely." Eren added looking up at us from the ground.

"All right, let's take on the armoured titan in Shiganshina!" Hange yelled and we all followed her. But before we got far, Armin stopped us.

"Wait! theres something im still worried about. We still don't know where Bertolt is. Last time, they used him as a trump card to escape. It may be simple, but lets try to keep the fight away from the walls." Armin suggested and we all nodded before heading off.

Eren transformed in the middle of town, catching Reiner's eye. Reiner took the bait and jumped down from the wall and began chasing after Eren. The two of them began to fight in the center of the village as we watched from a safe distance, getting our thunder spears ready.

My eyes sparkled when I loaded mine. Ever since Hange introduced the prototype I have been excited to use one of these. I looked up at the fight and it was getting more gruesome by the minute.

"Don't you dare die on me, alright?" I muttered to Armin who was strapping up his thunder spears.

"I wasn't planning on it" he said walking up to me. Hange signalled for our attention, then used simple hand gestures to tell us what to do next. We nodded and followed her orders. We gradually began to spread out and surround the fight happening between Eren and Reiner.

"Now!" Hange yelled. Themselves and Mikasa landed thunder spears in both of the armours eyes. While he was temporarily blinded, the rest of us came flying up behind him. All at once, we fired our thunderspears around the hardened skin covering his nape. We all zoomed out of the way as they exploded.

"It worked! the hardened skin is peeling away!" Jean yelled as we landed on a nearby roof.

"That felt so fucking cool" I said as I high fived Jean.