six

hellooooooo each and every one of you! i've missed all of you terribly. school and personal life has me scrambling to write but i wouldn't trade it for the world

also before we start this chapter, no i don't agree with the actions of this book but y'all wanted spice and drama so it's about to begin😚

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of drinking, jealousy, mentions of cheating!
word count: 3875

Emily: "The silences weren't awkward. For me at least. Because I was there in the moment with him." Dominic Riccitello.

Emily had gotten to work earlier than expected. She was going good in the whole trying to stay away from Aaron thing. At least, she thought she was. She'd come up with excuses to get out of conversation, and make up plans with virtual dates with Andrew.

Needless to say, she was miserable. She hated having to choose between the two men in her life. If she could smush the two of them together into one man, Emily would do it in a heart beat. But, she has to settle for pleasing one and hopefully not damaging her relationship entirely with the other.

"Good morning," Aaron said as he walked by. Emily just looked up and did a small wave. That was the last straw in Aaron's mind. It had been five days of Emily's stand-offish behavior and he had had enough. "Is there something going on?"

Emily glanced up from her files with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You've been avoiding me for the past five day, Em," Aaron said and placed his briefcase down on Emily's desk. Emily sat back in her chair with a sigh. Well, she thought she was being subtle with it. "What's going on?"

Emily's eyes glanced around the bullpen that was now filling up with agents. She grabbed onto Hotch's hand and lead him down the hallway, and into an empty conference room. Emily shut the door behind them and sighed heavily.

"Emily—"

"I got into a fight with Andrew again," Emily said and threw her head back as she turned to face Hotch. "I know you're suppose to be a sounding board for me, Aaron, and I appreciate that you want to be."

"But?"

"But, Andrew—he—wants me to stay away from you," Emily said softly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "It's ridiculous I know. But, he got explosive and jealous since he saw pictures of us at O'Keefe's. Jeremy was there and took some when we were dancing."

"Does he think we're—"

Emily scoffed as she ran a hand through her hair. She dragged both her hands down her face before interlocking her fingers together in front of her lips. "People think we're sleeping together. I didn't want to believe it, until I heard two mouthy bitches from the third floor talking about it in the bathroom."

"They're just rumors, Emily. We both know that's not true. Andrew knows they're not true," Aaron said quietly.

"I know. I know," Emily said and shut her eyes in frustration.

"So what? You're going to throw away our friendship for some rumors?" Aaron asked and tilted his head. Emily groaned loudly.