seven

good morning bestiessss! i hope everyone is having a fantastic morning like i am. i've missed the daily uploads but! after this semester is over i might continue them. i make no promises🥰

also as stated in the last chapter. i do not approve of emily and hotch's actions but y'all wanted it so😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, smut, oral sex, 18+, slight hallucinations, cheating!
word count: 3568

Derek: "I was steeped in denial, but my body knew." Suzanne Finnamore.

Emily had ran a hand down her face. It was Monday. The raven-haired woman wanted nothing more than to just go back to bed and stay there for eternity. But, she found herself at the BAU nonetheless.

"Good morning sunshine," Derek commented as Emily sat down at her desk with a groan. "Long weekend?"

"I hate being an adult with access to alcohol," Emily said as she ran a hand down her face. "I just want to sleep, vomit, and eat."

"Hopefully not in that order," Rossi said as he walked up to Emily with two cups of coffee in his hands. The raven-haired woman just smiled and nodded her head as Rossi set one down in front of her.

"Does anyone know what's going on with Hotch?" JJ asked as her, Penelope and Spencer walked up to the group.

"What's wrong with Hotch?" Emily asked as her headache almost instantly went away. The team all raised their eyebrows at the shift in moods.

"He got here extra early and has been in the bat cave ever since. The doors and blinds are shut closed. It must be serious," Rossi said and pursed his lips.

"Do you know something?" Penelope asked and placed a hand on Emily's shoulder. The raven haired woman looked up at her with a look of confusion.

"Do I know something?" Emily asked and reached for her coffee mug. Penelope pointed her finger towards Emily before looking up at Derek.

"She just repeated the question. You always say that's a sign!" Penelope said and gestured towards Emily.

"Do you know why Hotch is so closed off? You were the last one to see him on the weekend," Derek asked and looked down at Emily. She shrugged her shoulders.

She couldn't remember what had happened the following day. After so much alcohol, her memory faded. All she remembers is she was fighting with Andrew one minute and she was home the next.

"Excuse me," a man said from behind them. The entire team turned as they heard the voice. A man stood there with a large bouquet in his hands. "I have an order for Emily Prentiss?"

"Oh, Andrew got you flowers! How romantic," Penelope said and clapped her hands together. The noise made Emily flinch as she signed for the flowers. The man carefully set them down on her desk before excusing himself.

"Andrew's never gotten me flowers as expensive as these look," Emily said and furrowed her eyebrows. The woman opened the note that was hiding between the flowers.

I'll see you Saturday at ten for dinner. I'll pick you up. And i already cleared it with the boss. Andrew.

Emily's lips parted as she read the note. They were from Andrew. The raven-haired woman just smiled as she ignored the stares of her team members.

"Come on! What does it say!" JJ asked as she tried to grab the card from Emily.

The sound of an office door opening is what brought them all out of their trance. All of them looked up at Hotch as he walked out. His eyes immediately fell onto the bouquet on Emily's desk. He forced a smile as he passed by. In reality, Aaron wanted to tell Andrew no to Saturday. But, his head spoke louder than his heart. Now, he was paying for it.