thirteen

y'all being from a landlocked city, the beach smell is so refreshing😩

also not proofread ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, NSFW!, smut, 18+, jealously
word count: 3364

Rossi: "The greatest fools are oftentimes more clever than the men who laugh at them." George R.R. Martin.

"So what exactly did you want to do again?" Emily asked and ran around her apartment with her phone wedged between her ear and her shoulder.

"We can go out shopping! It'll be fun. I feel like you and I haven't talked in forever and I see you everyday," Penelope said and filed her nails. "I figured it'd be a good way to keep your mind occupied by all of that male drama you have with Andrew."

"Mhm," Emily said and looked through her cabinets. "Well, if it means that we get to go shoe shopping, count me in. I need a new pair. Those cute one hundred thirty dollar pair didn't last long. I took them to Denver with me and they tore. So I'm in dire need for more."

"Alas! Leave it up to me! I shall pick you up tomorrow morning so we can go to the mall semi-early. I know the both of us hate crowds," Penelope said and twirled her hand as she picked a random color. "Be safe my pretty. I shall see you tomorrow."

"Bye Penelope," Emily said and smiled softly.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Emily's eyes widened as she looked over at the door. She debated for a second before answering it. Aaron stood there and smiled softly. In his hands was another package that was left on Emily's doorway.

"Hey," Aaron said and smiled softly. Emily's eyes took in every detail of him. Seeing Hotch is a casual t-shirt and jeans was something Emily would never get used to. Aaron set down the package on the table close by. "This was left for you at the door."

"Thank you," Emily said and leaned forward. They kissed briefly before pulling away. Aaron's eyes looked over to the kitchen and then back at Emily.

"You forgot to order the food, didn't you?" Aaron asked and squinted his eyes over at Emily. The woman smiled innocently. The man shook his head as they made their way to the couch. Emily grabbed her purse and handed Aaron her card. The man didn't accept it as he dialed the number for the chinese restaurant they loved down the street.

After one quick phone call, Aaron turned over to Emily. She smiled widely as she swung her legs over his lap. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome. You have me for five minutes before I leave to go pick it up," Aaron said and tried to pull Emily closer. Her eyes landed on the watch he was wearing. It was new and surprisingly, Emily didn't notice it with her first sweep.

"I like the watch. Is it new?" Emily asked as she traced around the band of it with her finger. Aaron hummed. It was a Rolex to be exact. "Boss man needed a Rolex?"

"It was a good investment," Aaron said and shrugged his shoulder. "But, I think I need new batteries for it. It's not running the correct time. It's about a two hour delay on it."

"I thought they had those fancy batteries? The ones where you leave them alone for a bit to charge and then they start working," Emily said and looked down at his watch. Aaron pursed his lips.

"I'll try your method. Let's see how it goes," Aaron said and took off his watch. He placed it down gently onto the coffee table. "Alright. I will be back with the food."