Chapter 29-The rescue

THIRD PERSON

THIRD PERSON.

"Eren... when I said we'll make them suffer... I meant something that'll actually work." Zane deadpanned as he watched Eren try to beat up Reiner with his arms yelling die like a maniac.

Reiner kicked the kid off of him and put him into a chokehold. "Bastard! I'll kill you! I'll rip you apart!"

Zane sighed lightly as he turned to Bertolt and Ymir. His cold stare on Bertolt, he wanted to rip out his neck.

"Explain to me why we're leaving early." Ymir asked.

"Scouts."Zane muttered.

Bertolt quickly changed the subject. "Ymir. When you changed back into a human, d'you have any memory of the person you ate?" Bertolt asked.

"Huh. No, not really." Ymir sighed. "We're Talking about something that happened five years ago. But the way your asking, I'm guessing it was someone you knew?"

When Bertolt didn't respond, it answered her question. "I see. Then I'm, uh, sorry for not remembering."

Zane wanted to say a snarky response but he held back.

"Hey, it's not your fault that you don't. It was the same for Reiner and me."

"Yeah?"

"Eren doesn't remember ether."

"Is that how it works?"

"Well, I was born with mine." Zane said, his eyes still on Bertolt, Zane's already mapped out every major artery he can cut up, the easiest way to cut off his head. "Except I lost my memories for awhile."

"Hay, Zane?" Bertolt looked at the protector.

"What?" Zane said through gritted teeth.

"If it means anything to you, which I highly doubt, but I'm sorry... for five years ago. You said the name of our home... so you know, what we had to go through?" Bertolt's apology felt genuine, and it really pissed off Zane.

"Tch, I don't need your sorries, you still killed people close to me, Annie did too."

"I understand that... but you have to know that we... we only did what we were told."

Zane stared at the boy, he could care less. "Yeah, whatever." Zane looked away. "I don't hate you, or any of y'all. But I don't like you guys ether, so that makes you... my enemy."