Chapter 39-The queen

ON TOP OF THE WALL

ON TOP OF THE WALL. EARLY DAWN.

Zane and Petra stood with the rest of the scouts watching as the cannons fired and the large titan that was making it's way towards them.

The protectors had their ears covered in slight pain watching as the cannons did nothing to the titan. "Those cannons are doing nothing."

It was a lot harder for Petra as she had two sets of ears, her wolf ears hurt the most but luckily Nifa was able to cover the female shifters ears.

"Well, how's that?" Erwin asked out loud.

The group watched in anticipation as the silence shot across the ears of the soldiers, then everything rumbled, the titan continued to move, while another round of cannon fire shot at it.

"The ground cannons seem even less effective." Erwin said.

"Of course they are. The wall cannons barely hit the nape with the better angle. What's the problem?" Levi responded. Zane noticed Petra's wolf ears drop slightly, Nifa felt this and gently rubbed the shifters furry ears.

"It's a mishmash of soldiers... cannons they scraped together... superficial leadership. To top it off, this is a northern region. Unlike troops on the front lines, they have no battle experience. However this is the best we're going to get an that's a fact." Erwin explained, it maid perfect sense to the group. You can't expect a person who hasn't seen the darkest of days to fight that same darkness.

"Yeah, that's painfully obvious. Yet again, your strategy for the scouts boils down to another gamble. Just like how everything else you conjure up."

"Erwin! I brought the goodies!"

Zane groaned as he removed his hands from his ears. "Hay, crazy chick, your louder than the damn cannons." Zane walked over to the woman with everyone else, Petra's ears were now uncovered but slightly bloody.

"Hay now, don't be too much of an asshole paws." Hange narrowed her eyes before getting back to what she was doing.

In front of them was stacks of rope with barrels filled with gunpowder in them. "All the gunpowder, ropes, and netting I could find! We'll have to assemble it ourselves though."

Then a scout rolled a barrel with spikes attached to it by Zane. "Hay, that looks fun." Zane tried to follow the guy but was pulled back by Petra.

"And there's this! There's another on the opposite side. The trigger is held in place, so when it's fired, it'll wind itself up like ODM gear." So turned to Levi. "So, is the artillery doing any damage?"

"Slightly more than a pissing insect."

"Then we're really planning on using this?"

"I would still use it." Zane raised his hand. "I'll make a large kaboom!" Zane threw his fist up.