Chapter one // Hope's Peak Academy

Makoto's POV:

"I'm Makoto Naegi." I said to myself, "I cant just stare at Hope's Peak, I'm Makoto for gods sake. Just walk inside."

Why do I feel so hesitant to walk inside?
I thought, reaching for the door handle.

"Just open the damn door and stop being so dramatic." I heard a voice from behind me, quickly turning. . . DAMN HES TALL! I panicked, stepping to the side, partially scared. "Sorry!"

I saw a smirk on his face as he watched me tremble in. . . Fear. . ? Why am I so scared?

I watched him push up his glasses and open the door, leaving me outside. I sighed in relief, completely forgetting about being at Hope's Peak Academy.

*DING DONG BING BONG*

I jumped. CRAP! I FORGOT I WAS AT SCHOOL! Damnit. Now I'm late. I quickly opened the door and took a good look around. I ran through the halls, looking for the gymnasium.

*SMACK*

My face hit the floor. I quickly sat up and turned around, looking for what I had tripped on. A bear?

The black and white bear rubbed its head, quickly turning around to lecture me. "You should know there's no running in the halls!" It waved its arm in my face. "What are you? Blind?" I shoved its hand out of my face. "Sorry, I was looking for the gym. ." I chuckled nervously. "Its fine I guess, but your going the wrong way. The gym is that way." It pointed to the direction I came from. Oh.

"Can you take me there. . ."

"Monokuma."

"Can you take me there Monokuma?"

"Sure! This-a wayyyyy!"

I stood, following it. "Thanks Monokuma" I said as we entered the gym. The first person I noticed was the tall boy I saw at the entrance. He was sitting on the bleachers reading a book.

"Alllllllright!" Monokuma said happily, walking towards the middle of the gym. I watched everyone stop what their doing, looking weirdly at the bear.

"What?" Monokuma looked at a few of them, confused. "Why is that stuffed bear speaking. . ?" A girl with a anti gravity ponytail said, pointing at it. "I most certainly am NOT a stuffed animal. I am a robot bear, and your headmaster!"

"Pff. Sure." A large man with puffy hair laughed in disbelief. "Yes I am!" The bears red eye glowed. "Fine I'll tell you the truth. I'm a robot CONTROLLED by the headmaster, Jin Kirigiri. There are also a few other of me, who aren't controlled by Mr. Kirigiri. Their just robot teachers so we don't have to pay for real staff, bit they work perfectly fine and have been programmed to answer most questions you might have." Monokuma stuck out his plastic tongue at the man with the poofy hair. "Whatever you say man."

I turned away, towards the tall boy from earlier. I walked over to him. "Hey, I haven't properly introduced myself yet. I'm-"

"I don't really care about you, commoner. The one thing I do care about is that you know who I am. I'm Byakuya Togami." He scoffed, lowering his book to make eye contact with me.

T- Togami. . ? ! I stood, shocked. "Byakuya. . Togami . . From the Togami Corporation. . ?" "Where else?" He smirked. Even though he was on the bleachers, the second step up, he was still taller than me by a little. "Pleased to uh. . Meet you." I smiled. "Now, do you still want something?" The smirk he had on his face vanished, as he looked at his book again. "Well, yeah. I came over here to introduce myself." I shrugged. "I guess I have enough time to learn your worthless commoner name. Spit it out." "Okay. . I'm Mak-"

"YOU TWO!" I was interrupted. . Again. . "YOU SHOULD ME LISTENING AND RESPECTING OUR HEADMASTER!" a guy in white yelled at us, I turned back to Togami who wasn't paying any attention. "You might be a Togami but you have no right to ignore the headmaster!" I blinked, then sighed. "I just wanted to introduce myself. I apologize, it's my fault he wasn't paying attention." "Apology NOT accepted. I'm Kiyotaka Ishimaru! Ultimate Moral Compass!" That explains it. "Well uh, I'm Makoto Naegi. Ultimate. . Lucky. . Student. ." I looked down in shame.

"So that's your name, commoner." I looked at Togami like he was insane. "You just learned my name, yet you continue to call me commoner?" I stared in confusion.

"You should be glad I don't think of you as less." I shook it off, noticing most of the students were leaving the gym already.

I looked back at Togami, he was picking up his backpack, shoving his book into it. He left the room as well, followed by Ishimaru. I followed Togami and Ishimaru hesitantly. "Where are we going?" I asked Ishimaru. "If you were paying any attention you would know we are getting dorms. After getting dorms, we are aloud to make our schedule on the laptop's in the dorms we were given. But I suppose you weren't listening." "I wasn't, thanks for telling me Ishimaru!" I smiled at him.

A/N:

Hey! I'm Eli or Javis, the author of this fanfic. I really enjoyed writing this! And thank you if you read this and are still interested in more of my writing, if not thank you for just reading the first chapter. And if you weren't happy with it at all, please do let me know why so I can fix any issues my writing might have. Thank you again!