Chapter 11

Present

Jin Ah Pov

"Aww, you really look like me" I hear Jin Woo's father says as he lightly caresses Soo Ah's check. And to be honest, I detect no lies. Soo Ah looks exactly like Jin Woo and Jin Woo is like a carbon copy of his father. The joy in her grandfather's face, gives me some sort of reliefs that she is in good hand. I can't say the same for her grandmother though. She just stayed there looking at Soo Ah from afar. I would expect a new grandmother to be all over her grand baby, but that wasn't the case here. One thing for sure, is that I know she will never harm Soo Ah and that is enough for me.

Then here comes Jin Woo, who has been all over Soo Ah since she arrived home. he has always been around her since we brought her home. if no one knows our past, they would have thought he accepted Soo Ah from the get-go. He makes sure he is there with her in every activity we do with her. sometimes, I even feel like he can be overbearing with his love for her.

Then here is me still trying to figure everything out. Being a new mother is another experience for me. No one can prepare you for it and the worst part is that I have no mother to assist. The hospital assigned a home care nurse to us, who will help me navigate through this new life of mine. After going through a lot of craziness in this house, holding my baby Soo Ah, brought out another joy in me that I never know I had. Is this what we call mother's love.

I cry whenever she cries, I laugh when she laughs. I look over her like an angel watching over us. I always try to decipher anything going on with her, although I have failed most times. But at the end of everything, I want to create lots of moments with Soo Ah, especially knowing the future isn't clear enough. After lots of convincing, I decided to move to the master bedroom. Jin Woo's room, because that is the most comfortable, since Soo Ah's room/ wardrobe is next to the room. Then Jin Woo moves to my room downstairs but that doesn't stop him from spending every moment with his daughter.

Jin Woo's Pov

Soo Ah started as a mistake, but this is the best mistake I have ever made in my life. I never know I can love anyone more than myself, but here comes Soo Ah. The joy of my life, it like God decided to look past my mistake and gave me the best gift in life. Or I might have probably saved a country in my past life. Jin Ah also has been a wonderful mother to Soo Ah, I have seen her smile in these past weeks than I have ever known her.

I have successfully convinced her to stay in my room, because one, the bed is more comfortable, and the room next to her is also Soo Ah. She won't have to walk all the way through the stairs to have access to Soo Ah. Whenever I look at Soo Ah, I can't help but remember how I treated Jin Ah all through her pregnancy, and I haven't even asked for forgiveness. But still, I am thankful for the progress between us. We went from a sworn enemy to co habiting without crossing each other.

We literally have nothing to say to each other except if it concerns Soo Ah. I know nothing about her, and she probably knows nothing about me. However, I wont push for that. When we get to the bridge, we will know how to cross it.

After showering, I realised that all my night robes are dirty and I needed to take another one, which is in my room. The master bedroom. It is already late at night, and it would be weird for me to go my room, especially knowing Jin Ah might be sleeping. On the flip side, I cannot sleep without having anything on, so I will just try my luck to get the robe.

I lightly knock the door of the room, but no one answer, so I assumed she is asleep. I gently open the door, and sneakily enter the room. I saw Jin Ah and Soo Ah sleeping already on the bed. Seeing her, I know that she is tired. She barely leaves Soo Ah's side, and it can be draining for her, but I respect her choice.