Chapter 4

Past

"What make you feel I am stalking you...I got a job from your sister before I even met you. If anyone is stalking, that would be you" I forced my wrist out of his hand. Then proceed to walk out, then I stopped for a moment to correct the narrative he has been having about me "And please, don't treat me like a prostitute, all I did was have fun...not really fun, because I regret every minute of it" I immediately left him standing and went to Hyo Jin gesturing to her to let us leave the event.

----/---

It has been another week since I cross path with that crazy Jin Woo. Things have not really change. I have not heard from those who got my contact, but I keep hoping, someday they will probably remember. But not getting a call from them is the least of my problem right now. I have been feeling unwell in the last 3 days ago. It started with headaches which I have done some self-medication, but it was not reducing.

I also get tired easily, and just want to spend all day home. But because I must work, I have no choice than to push myself. I pushed myself so hard that, I am now running high fever. I am supposed to meet Miss So Ah this weekend for a new job. So, this is really a bad time to get sick. I told Hyo Jin about how I am feeling, and she says I should wait for her, that she would bring me to the hospital.

I keep myself busy with sketching some designs, while waiting for Hyo Jin

"Hey, how are you feeling" Hyo Jin says as she entered my room

"Just tired and feeling feverish" I weakly replied to her. I tried to stand, so that we can go to the hospital together until Hyo Jin block my way

"Hmmmm......I hope.... I really... hmmm" Hyo Jin was barely getting any words out, which is scaring me

"Please say what you want to say"

"I actually want to make a suggestion" she replies

"Okay, what is it? I asked

"I have been thinking maybe...." She paused for a while

"Maybe what...talk, you are scaring me" I am still talking when she suddenly brings out a pregnancy test kit. "What is it?" although I know what I am looking at, but I still blurted it out anyway. Then she did not talk, waiting for me to deduce her reason, but I was thinking something else "Hyo Jin, are you pregnant?" I asked her

She was taken aback with my question. "no... of course not" she then handed me the test kit. "I actually bought this for you to use"

"Why will I use this...I haven't had sex in a long time. Well aside for the one that happened almost 5 weeks now"

Hyo Jin did not say anything but kept observing me. When I realised what the result might be, I immediately went straight into the state of denial. Yes, I was careless because I did not use protection. But we only had sex once. It was not even twice, just once. There is no way I should get pregnant from that.

I know the risk with having sex unprotected, and I am not always this careless. When I was with my ex, I make sure to use my pill and whenever I am off pill, he uses condom. I totally stop using pills, when we broke up, since there was no need for it anymore, until that night.

"It won't hurt taking a test"

Yes, I know taking a pregnancy test does not hurt. But for someone like me who desperately hopes for a negative result, this is like collection of thunder, gathering itself to strike me down. "I don't want to take it" I murmur. I know the risk I took; I know the chance of getting pregnant is high. And for the second time in my life, I wished that night never happened.

Getting pregnant with Tae Gu's child (my ex) is a better option than getting pregnant for this rude jerk. If it is positive, what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to give this information to him? Or just ignore him? Am I even ready to be a mother? If I somehow test positive, getting rid of this pregnancy, might be the route I might follow.