Chapter 1

Hey, just a quick note: this story will be written in Kellin's POV unless stated otherwise. Some of the thoughts and feelings/actions may be triggering. I do not agree with them. So please, if at any time they seem this way to you, then make the decision to read on or not.
Also, please keep the comments nice. By that I mean: don't make any homophobic comments, they won't be tolerated.
With that said, I hope you enjoy. This is my first fan-fiction so please bear with me.

***

It was dark and cramped. "Let me out of here!" I yelled through the holes in the locker. I am always being bullied. I don't even know why, but, I am guessing that it is because if my sexuality. I am into guys, what's the big deal? I was too lost in my thoughts to realize that the locker door had been unlocked. At the door, I saw Jackie. She was one of the two people who understood me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, worry in her eyes. She helped me out of the locker.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little light headed." I said and grabbed my head to stop the room from spinning. Before I knew it, my knees turned to jelly, and I couldn't hold myself up anymore.

Before I hit the ground, strong hands caught me and held me up. "Go get the nurse." A semi-deep voice commanded Jackie. She looked at me again before following orders.

"Vic, is that you?" I asked with blurred vision.

"Yes, Kells, it's me. You're okay."

"I tried to sto-" I started, but couldn't finish.

"Shhhh, it's okay Kellin, just rest right now." He said soothingly. He ran his fingers through my hair in a friendly calming way over and over again. It wasn't long until I felt myself drifting off into a deep sleep with my head rested on Vic's lap.

---

I woke up in a hospital bed. I tried to sit up, but as soon as I did, I felt my head spin like crazy and it made me really dizzy.

"Whoa there buddy, don't get too excited." Vic laughed from my bedside. He came over and laid me back down and handed me a glass of water.

"How long was I out?" I asked, my voice scratchy from lack of anything to drink, so I took a large gulp of water.

"Just a couple of days. Jackie has been bringing you flowers and stuffed animals pretty much every five hours." He exaggerated. But not by much. I looked around to see the room flooded with bouquets of flowers and stuffed animals spreaded throughout the whole room. "Your mom came to check up on you once or twice." He continued. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"You know that she only came because she wanted to seem like she is a good mother."

"Maybe so, but despite what you feel, she does care about you." Vic said with soft eyes.

My mother, care? That would seem impossible, wouldn't it? I mean after she tried to kill me three times. Once while I was in the womb, one whenever I was two, and the most recent one when I was fifteen. She barely acknowledged my existence, and when she did, it was because she wanted me to do something for her. Most of the time, it was to go and get her, her daily dose of drugs from her dealer, Jaime.

"Anyway," Vic said loudly, freeing me from my thoughts, "mind telling me what happened?"

"It was nothing." Vic looked at me knowingly. That look of worry on his face turned to a smirk when he heard me sigh, knowing that I had given in, knowing that he had won.

"Just some bullies. They took my notebook and I tried to get it back. They started to go through it, and make smart-ass comments. I got really annoyed and punched one of the guys in the face, Tony. He got back up, and I knew that I was in trouble. It didn't take long before he was on top of me, hitting me, punch after punch. After that, him and his followers stuffed me into the locker after kicking me a few times, some hitting my head." I explained as quickly and discreetly as I could. Anger and pain filled his eyes.