Chapter 5

I woke up and began to panic, but quickly calmed down when ever I realized where I was. I sat up and stretched. I twisted one way, then quickly to the other where I felt my elbow hit something. I quickly looked down to see what it was.

"Oh my God, Vic, I am so so sorry." I apologized, honestly trying to hold back a laugh. Vic sat up squeezing his nose.

"What was that for? Sheesh." He stood up and went to the bathroom with blood dripping off of his hand. Gross.

"Dude," Vic began, "I think you broke my nose."

"Oh stop your whining and Kellin up. Besides, it was an accident."

"Well," Vic said coming out of the bathroom with tissue paper sticking out of both his nostrils, "it feels like you did."

I just rolled my eyes. "I hope you washed your hands, because that's disgusting." I said pointing to the numerous drops of blood on the floor. He just chuckled.

"Are you going to hit me again if I sit back down with you?" He asked with mock fear.

"Hey." I glared at him. "It was an accident." Vic sat on the bed next to me. I finally realized that instead of sleeping on the extra bed in the room, Vic slept next to me. Why?

"Because it was cold over there and you're always warm..." Vic answered. Wait. How'd he? "You're thinking out loud Kellin." Shit. He just giggled.

"Well, when are they letting me leave this place? It smells like rubber and cheap cologne."

"Heyyyyyy, that 'cheap cologne' just so happens to be my 76.99 dollar Gucci. So, if that's what you consider cheap, then boyyyyy, remind me not to buy you anything." Vic said, letting an 'mmmhmmmm' escape his lips while waving his finger.

"I didn't say the cologne itself was cheap, I just said it smelled like it." He glared at me and I just smirked at him.

"Anywayyyy, to answer your question... Before you insulted my Gucci... They'll let you out of here A-S-A-P. So, tomorrow probably." He answered knowingly.

"Vic, how bad was it?" I heard Vic sigh deeply beside me.

"Kells, I... I almost lost you." His voice cracked as he choked out those four painful words. I wrapped him into a hug and he didn't hesitate to hug me back. I felt his warm tears on the hospital gown. I pet his hair soothingly along with saying "shhhh".

"Kellin, there's something else." Vic said as he calmed down. He wiped his eyes with his sleeves.

"What is it?" I questioned hesitantly.

"It's about your condition." I nodded my head urging him to go on. "You only have three months to live."

I felt my stomach drop as soon as those words left his mouth. My eyes welled up with tears and Vic was already sobbing hysterically beside me. I felt a single tear roll down my face.

-----

I woke up in Vic's arms. He was always so warm, I don't see how he got cold last night. I mean, if he is always warm, then, how is he cold? It just makes no sense. I turned towards Vic and wrapped my arms firmly around his waste. I the buried my head into his neck and his hold on me tightened. He placed a gently kiss on my head.

"Goodnight Kells. I love you." Vic murmured in his half-asleep state.

"I love you too Viccy. Go to sleep." I replied.

It didn't take long before I heard Vic's breathing even out. Wait, this isn't the hospital bed. Where the hell am I?! I shot up from my position and instantly missed Vic's warmth. I was in a room... My room. What am I doing here? I thought the police would've condemned it or something.