85. Assassins (3)

The Phonoi Heart was relentless, not caring about the state of Erebus' body.  It only wanted blood and death.  He hardly used the dagger at this point and discarded it amongst the corpses.  He desired nothing but to feel the death of the Devils with his own hands.

He moved like a feral beast, both hands now in the shape of claws.  When he swiped them, the space around them trembled.

He created a chain from the shadows and threw it like a lasso, catching onto a Devil's neck.  He yanked the chain, pulling the Devil towards him.  They Devil wanted to resist but was too surprised to retaliate.  When he got too close to the Phonoi Heart, he knew he was going to die.  The Phonoi Heart thrust out his hand and pierced his claws into the face of the Devil.  The Devil's body quivered and fell heavily to the floor.

He flashed to the next Devil like a malevolent specter, slicing each one with his claws. 

He was covered in wounds and blood but didn't mind it.  He only laughed continuously.  More Devils had tried to escape from the deranged Human, but they were met with the leading Devil's blade.

The Phonoi Heart watched as the numbers dwindled to single digits.  He laughed cold-bloodedly.  "kekeke."

But the laugh suddenly contorted and turned into a long scream.  It was so powerful that the ground rumbled and the weakened Devils fell down. 

The carvings on Erebus' face faded and the smile fell.  "Fucking Phonoi Heart."  Erebus growled. 

The Devils backed away, but Erebus ignored them.  He used his mana and found his fallen daggers and the thin silver rope that had tied back his hair.  He slowly wrapped the rope around his wrist and felt sorry as it was turning red because of the blood.  He sighed a little and grasped his daggers as he tapped the handles together to create a loud ring.

"Sorry for the interruption."  He said in a raspy voice. 

He wanted to defeat the remaining Devils as himself, and not the cursed Phonoi Heart.  He never wanted to let the Phonoi Heart to take over, because that will only make it stronger.  But since he had developed the fifteen petals, he could feel its presence becoming more prominent.  He needed to have constant control over it, or he would manifest it.

But now, the Phonoi Heart had a taste of taking over his body, so the battle between the two will intensify. 

He feared that if he left the Phonoi Heart run rampant for any longer, he would be permanently damaged.  Not just his body, but his mind.  He wrestled back control, but a wave a weakness hit him.  He had dwindled the numbers of enemies, but the worst one was still standing.

Erebus ran his mana though his body to evaluate the damage.  He had a dozen of needles piercing him, several puncture wounds and a slew of cuts and slashes.  The cracks on his arms from blocking Starfell had split again, and the wound from Arlo's blade had ripped further. 

Just holding onto his daggers was difficult and his legs trembled under his weight.  He tried to calculate the time and senses where Leo was, but his mana was almost depleted and even his domain had whittled to small area of a few meters out.  Did he delay long enough?

The Dark Blood Devil sighed.  "To kill you would be a shame."

"You can kill yourself instead then.  Save me some trouble."  Erebus said with a small chuckle. 

"No wonder Lord Lychgate likes you.  We can spare you life."  The Devil said.

Erebus shook his head.  "At what cost? My servitude? "

"You would be an esteemed guest.. but more importantly, you would live."

"I would be a slave to the Devils, a traitor to my sect, and bastard that deserves worse than death.  Fuck your offer."  Erebus scoffed.