1

Mina's pov:

I ran to hospital as soon as I heard about sana.

Mina: Where is Mrs. Sana room?

I asked a nurse in hurry. She pointed me the direction and I left her without even saying thank you. I am not in my right mind. I can't be thinking about formalities right now.

I saw Sana parents and ran to them. Mina:Where is she?

Sana mom: Inside emergency room.

She is crying while talking to me. We new something like this will happen, but we couldn't able to stop it. It is sana's decision afterall.

Mina: How long is she in there?

Sana dad: It has been 5 hours. They are saying they are trying their best but we don't know.

I can see the fear in his eyes. Who wouldn't when their only child is fighting her own life just to bring a new life into this world.

Call me lunatic or unsympathetic but I still believe that of all the decisions till now sana made this is the stupidest one.

When I am trying to console them. I saw Dr. jihyo coming out of the operation room with a gloomy expression that I can't read.

I quickly ran to her side.

Mina : Jihyo. Is she all right?

She looked into my eyes with sympathy.

Jihyo: The baby is fine and healthy but..

She hesitated a bit and looked at sana parents.

Jihyo : I am sorry. She have very less time. You can talk to her for one last time.

With her words both her parents collapsed just like how my heart did. This isn't what we wanted. This isn't what we struggled for till now.

Mina: J- jihyo. W-we thought there is possibility. Right?

I tried to finish my sentence with utmost struggling.

Jihyo: I am sorry. As we told you already the possibilities are very low and she is weak. Her body doesn't support a baby in any form. We tried our best but still we failed.

No. I don't want it to be failed. I want sana to live. I want her to live long enough until she saw her great grand kids. She promised me she will be attending my wedding one day with her daughter and husband. Now she is leaving me. This shouldn't be happening.

I took no time to waste and ran into the room.

It is silent and the only sound I can hear is the a weeping sound of her husband who is my best friend.

I went further in only to see her on her hospital bed with a very weak smile.

Sana: Ah... Mina. Come here.

As soon as she saw me, she asked me to come to her side. I obeyed her with out bickering like how I used to do.

I sat on the other side, opposite to her husband and hold her other hand.

Sana: Thank you mina. Thank you for everything you did until now. I will remember them even after I died.

Mina: Don't be a stupid. Y-you said you will come to my wedding one day. W-we promised each other that we will be together until the end.

While I was crying like a fool she gave a weak smile.

Sana: But this is the end for me.

Mina: D-don't say that please. I want you sana. I want you in my life badly. If not for me atleast fight for your husband and daughter. Please don't leave us.

As a I said a nurse came holding sana's daughter. She tried to give the baby to sana's husband but he bluntly rejected her. Sana isn't strong enough to carry her. Now all of a sudden baby started crying hard.

I don't have choice but only to take the baby. As soon as I took her into my hands she stopped crying.

Looking at this sana gave a warm smile.

She put her finger at the baby face saying "she is the only thing that is symbol of our love mina" pointing her and her husband. "I want you to be her mother from now onwards."

Mina: N-no. She is your baby. You should be her mother. She needs her both parents love and care.

I protested to her words.

Sana: I can't. If it is you, I know my baby will be safe and healthy. I want both of you to be her parents and raise her well. I want her to have a happy childhood life, just like how I did.

She said holding both mine and her husband's hand. He was silent through out this time.

Sana kept her hand on his cheeks wiping his tears "Honey. I love you. I love you so much that I don't want to live you alone. I am giving you a part of me. A symbol of our love. I want you to show all the love to our baby and make her happy. Will you promise me?" she held her pinky finger to him but she didn't get any response.

Suddenly we heard a emergency beeping sound indicating her time is declining. Her parents who are in the same room went out to call doctors.

I took her pinky finger all of a sudden making a promise "I will be acting as the mother to your daughter and make sure your husband does his part well too. I promise you that I will provide my best friends daughter with all the love that she deserves and form a happy family for her". As soon as I said it I saw tear drops from her eyes and her mouthing to say "thank you" but as soon as she finished, her heart stopped pumping and her hand left my hands.

For next few minutes I don't remember what happened. All I can see is doctors coming to our room and doing CPR to bring her back. After few minutes of struggle they declared her as dead.

I got pulled out from my trance state as soon as the baby started crying. I went outside the room and sat in one of the chair looking at the baby.

Mina : Hi minki. I-I am your mother from onwards. I will love you as much as I loved your mother.

I placed a kiss on the baby's forehead after which she calmed down and within few minutes she started sleeping.

------------------------

Hi all!!!

I am back again with new book.

This book will be bit emotional and sensitive. I just thought of a plot and wrote this episode without thinking much. Hope you will like it.

This will be a slow update. 😁

I wonder who is male lead?🤔