2

MINA'S pov:

We just came home from final ritual ceremony of sana. Though I don't want to leave her, I dragged myself out reminding myself about minkii. But to sana's husband it is different. He told me to go and he won't be coming anytime soon. I want to protest but it is not my place to do it. He lost love of his life not just a friend. If I were in his position I don't know how I will react.

Sana and I were childhood friends. She is the only daughter of her parents while I am youngest member from mine. We met because my parents used to be business partners in Japan. When I first saw her, I thought she is tough for me to handle. I mean who wouldn't, when  she is a complete outgoing person while I am a introvert. She forced herself to be me friend and eventually we became best friends. To be frank she is the only person that I feel comfortable to shout, hate, cry and do everything without judgement. But eventually we needed to be apart. I got accepted in an university in Korea and left her for studies. This girl who is best friend couldn't able to leave me and got transferred to Korea from her current university only to be with me. I first thought she is insane but to be frank I am glad I have someone who could do anything for me and she is my best friend sana.

I was thinking to myself about our friendship while a voice called out to me. I looked at the person wondering who it could be. To my surprise it is my parents and sana parents.

"we need to talk" is all what they said but when we all sat for a talk they are hesitating to do so. I wonder what they wanna talk about.

"sana wrote a will" said my dad holding a piece of paper which could be sana's will. I was angry at sana for a moment thinking how she got prepared for her death. But I don't think I have a right to blame her anymore cause she is right. We couldn't able to save her.

"she stated that you will the mother of her daughter and passed down all parental rights to you and to her husband" said sana's father.

I chuckled thinking how she did things without asking me. But I am not surprised, that is how she is. She does things that no one can imagine. I wonder what she saw in me to think i can be a mother material.

"you don't need to do it, if you don't want to". I looked at the person who said it. It is sana's mom. She was a crying mess but forced herself to spit her thoughts.
"Y-you need to have your own family. You shouldn't be taking care of someone else's baby that is not yours. We are her grandparents. We can take care of grandchild" sana's father said.

Before I say anything minkii started crying who is now in the hands of a caretaker. She couldn't able to calm her down so I asked her to give the baby to me.

After I took her into my arms she calmed down and soon started smiling. Looking at her smile reminds me of sana. That pure innocence that her mother have is definitely  inherited by her daughter. When I look at mikii all I can see is a hope. A hope for me to survive this world where sana is no more. I don't want to  be her mother because she needs me, I want to be her side because I need her. Not the promise, not even her father, I want her to be by my side just like her mother did.

"I will be her mother and she is my daughter. We are going to be a family and I don't want anyone else to oppose my decision" I said with a authoritative voice. From the expressions of my family I can say that they are fine with my decision and will accept it. Sana's mother came to me and held my hand saying "Thank you mina. Thank you so much" and started crying indicating how much she is pleased with my decision.

Who wouldn't be, even sana know how much it is important for a child to recieve both parents love. I am willing to take this responsibility if it means that I have to be alone all my life but all my doubt is on that one person who refused to even touch his own daughter.

Keeping all these thoughts aside I made sure both mine and sana parents went back to Japan safely.

Now I am alone in this house that is home of sana and her husband, waiting for her daughter to sleep. I don't know why time is moving so slowly, is it because I am sad. I was never new to sana's house but what's strange is today it felt lonely and to be frank scary. Is it because she is not here anymore?

I got distracted by the little snores of minkii. She slept while I am in my own world. She looks comfortable when she is in my hands.

I went to sana's bedroom to keep baby to sleep and I came out of the room hearing a sound outside.

As I came out all I found is a man, drunk dead, drown in alcohol, came all wasted and now slept on floor holding sana's  photoframe in one hand and alchohol bottle in another hand.

I went down and sat beside him looking at my friend who is sleeping after crying all day.

"How did we became like this?" is all I could utter. I wonder how it all started. How we, a group of one introvert and extrovert friend became 2 extroverts and 1 introvert. "we promised to stay together till end but now all that is left is misery" are words I uttered looking at his face.

I kept down my thoughts away and helped him to move into his room while I moved to another room to take break from my own thoughts and slept unknowingly.