Tiny Pretty Things.

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS tiny pretty things

❝My heart is flailing, thumping in my chest like a bird caught in a cage, wanting to be wild again

❝My heart is flailing, thumping in my chest like a bird caught in a cage, wanting to be wild again.❞

BY SONA CHARAIPOTRA & DHONIELLE CLAYTON. PREQUEL TO SHINY BROKEN PIECES

               I bought this book on my birthday, back in March. My copy of Tiny Pretty Things doesn't have the original cover but the cover for the Netflix show.

               Which - if anyone's asking - no I have no intention of watching it anytime soon. Says me five months ago and now having finished the series and desperately wishing I hadn't bothered. Firstly, they change a few of the characters' names, second, they changed the plot of the book, completely missing the main point.

               The show focused more on Cassie's accident and solving it than the struggles and racism in the ballet world.

               And one I'm most bitter about is the acting, don't get me wrong, they're all amazing and talented but the actor for Neveah (Gigi) completely missed the character's personality. It could possibly be the directors changing the character just as they changed her name. But I'm only judging from a viewer who has read the book.

               Gigi's or Neveah's whatever, personality is sweet and innocent and naive, not knowing much from her first year in the academy. In the show, she's way too confident and bold and sharp to be a new student in a new country.

               In the beginning, - to me personally - is extremely boring but when you kept going, by a few chapters it's very interesting, you have to strain yourself to put it down.

               Your mind kept working and thinking about who could possibly be responsible for the events. My mind first went to Bette then Eleanor, the June. There are so many possibilities.

                The only downside is it ended in a cliffhanger, but if you have the sequel - which is Shiny Broken Pieces - or you don't mind, it should be fine.

               This book really went in on almost everything. It explains broken home, eating disorders, family issues, Atelophobia, dangerous secrets, stress, and friendship. And I liked how it had many mixed diversities.

               Despite all of that, this book could also be triggering with the many sensitive topics. So, if it might put an effect on you, I recommend for you to pass.

               I rate this a 9/10 and the show a 3/10. Sorry.

11

11.09.21