Siege and Storm.

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS siege and storm

❝Watch yourself, Nikolai, Princes bleed just like other men

❝Watch yourself, Nikolai, Princes bleed just like other men.❞

BY LEIGH BARDUGO. BOOK TWO OF THE SHADOW AND BONE TRILOGY

               I promise I have human decency, however, Ivan's death felt like Christmas came early. He was beginning to irritate me and was way too loyal for his own good. You know, the term "being blindsided by loyalty"

               But we get to meet Tolya and Tamar, and I love them with my whole heart. They're so badass and them being the ones to kill Ivan filled the satisfaction in my heart. 

               While Alina was back at the Little Palace, that scene when she had just arrived back and was arguing with the other Grisha is so powerful and so unlike her, I love it.

               And we can't forget Zoya, she's an angel brought from heaven, really. She's that perfect, when she kissed Mal, it kinda threw me off. But if you ignore that scene completely (which was quite difficult, by the way!) everything went fine.

               Nikolai. Nikolai motherfucking Lantsov. I mean come on, his witty remarks, while Alina and Mal are full-on fuming, were hilarious. 

               In all honesty, this book is quite boring. Nikolai really carried this book on his back because in my personal opinion he is the only thing keeping me from putting it down and quit reading, lol. Love the others, truly, but this book is extremely boring (minus the final chapters) compared to the first book

              Just read that again. I sound mean, I promise I'm not, I'm just being honest.

               I am thrilled to tell you all that Leigh Bardugo fed us on David and Genya in Siege and Storm. Not much, but we're all living off of crumbs at this point. 

               David being worried of Genya's well-being on the ship with the Darkling, and the ending scene. Fuck. It was so heartbreaking and sad, I don't even want to talk about it, but I also can't stop talking about it.

               That made no sense, lmao whatever.

               Remember when I said thank the heavens Marie only died in the show and not the book, well all of that, out the window. Who knew her? Marie, my beloved Marie fucking dies when the Darkling attacks the Little Palace. I am pissed.

               And the way Leigh Bardugo describes her death is just so agonizing I had to put my book down for a moment to gather my composure.

               What makes it even more heartbreaking is Sergei sitting over Marie's body. I mean, was that really necessary? Marie and Sergei are a power couple and I stand by that. In another world, they are both alive and well and live together in a happy cottage far from war.

               Genya, oh my sweet beloved Genya. Darkling, I will haunt you and I hope both sides of your pillow are warm. I want to provide her with the biggest hug known to mankind. She is just so precious and amazing, she doesn't deserve what he did to her.

               Have any of you seen the new casting for Shadow and Bone season two? Because holy shit, NIKOLAI AND TOLYA, AND TAMAR. I cannot stop jumping around when I first saw it, I was so excited. Still am.

               Funny enough, I actually finished this book months ago and have been adamant on talking about it, but have no time to since my end of the year finals are coming up. You know those finals you have to endure to pass a grade level. Elementary to Middle School to Highschool to College? Yeah, that.

               I was so overwhelmed and stressed about it, that it went physical. Turns out all my fuming and panic rants to my mother were of no reason since it was only 30% of our grade (hey! don't blame me, it used to be just about 90% of our grade, with 40 questions all from the government. I was traumatized from the last time I went through it at twelve years old).

               Following up to finishing this book, I bought the third book of the Shadow and Bone trilogy last week, and just finished it two days ago, I CANNOT WAIT to tell you all about it.

              I'd like to give Siege and Storm 5/10.

22

22.04.22