Shadow and Bone.

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS shadow and bone

❝The problem with wanting is that it makes you weak

❝The problem with wanting is that it makes you weak.❞

BY LEIGH BARDUGO. BOOK ONE OF THE SHADOW AND BONE TRILOGY

               I have a tendency of watching the cinematic version before reading the books they're based on. And that's how it went for the GrishaVerse series. I watched it on Netflix two weeks before reading the book and I liked it, the acting is a little off but overall it was good.

               They changed the plot slightly to fit the Six of Crows duology storyline, I suppose. Not sure about the King of Scars duology, though. Can we talk about how confused I was when I was watching many Shadow and Bone edits on Instagram and TikTok and was wondering why not one being felt bad for Marie's death?

              In the series, she died as Alina's clone (props to my beloved Genya) in case there's some psycho who managed to slip past the highly guarded walls of the little palace intending to kill the Sun Summoner (spoiler: there was). Only for me to find out after reading the book that she didn't actually die (thank the heavens for that).

               Like any other book I've read, I couldn't find the beginning at all interesting, and only after I went through a few chapters (meeting Genya Safin, lol) have I only started to find it interesting.

               Especially when Genya and David interact, omyyyyy. They are my number one ship. It's so funny watching Genya getting fussy over David not paying her any attention when she walked over with Alina to retrieve her gloves. How Alina noticed right away that Genya had some fancy for David.

              I cannot stress this enough, if David won't take Genya, I'll happily take her any day. She's so precious and I lovveee her with all my heart.

                We can go for a walk around the park or have some tea. Oh, that sounded so nice, lmao.

               But my favourite scene of all is when Mal confessed his feelings for Alina. The line "You belong with me," and "Did you miss me, Alina? Did you miss me when you were gone?" gets me every fucking time.

               Coming to think of how far they've come from their mutual pinning idiot era and the fight of just pure jealousy at the little palace, makes me giddy.

               Not to mention Mirozova's stag that appeared shortly after their kiss. Then the Darkling came with his lost chickens and killed the stag, but never mind that.

               I love the cover of my copy of this book, although I really wished they would place the Netflix sticker on the plastic wrapping so I could throw it out when I unwrapped it. Those Netflix stickers will be the death of me.

               Like we get it, you're making a Netflix film or series based on this book, now can we move on? You have written that on the inside of the book, why on the cover, too?

               You're just ruining the cover art. I sure would be annoyed if I was the illustrator, lol.

               I'll give this book a 10/10, I truly love and enjoy every bit of it and can't wait to finish reading the second part of this trilogy Seige and Storm. I'm currently 120 pages in.

               For the series 8/10.

30

30.12.21